• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moomin

“My servants never die!”
This is a thread dedicated for any book discussion. I’ve noticed from the “topics you talk often about “ that there are a few who like to read. So, if you want to talk about your favorite book that you’re currently reading again, have a book that just spoke to you and your soul or have a recommendation, then please feel free to post.

I’m currently reading Agatha Christie’s Poirot’s Christmas. It’s a tradition that once December hits, I start this book.

Good thread!

I just read Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson. I thought it was amazing. The narrator is unreliable which kept me changing my mind on what's right and wrong.

Educated by Tara Westover is one of the best books I read this year. It wasn't what I expected at all.

TY for the link! Seems I didn't miss any Agathas. I read it under the U. S. title from 1947 "A Holiday for Murder."

Currently rereading Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle. I never got to read the last one years ago so I'm rereading the first three before diving in to Inheritance. :D

I've been in 2 different book clubs and both sorta fizzled away.

I was wondering if people would be willing to share their favorite books or books they are reading now? Why they like them.

I'm currently reading, Dune, the Harry Dresden files (waiting for book 6 to be available at the library), History of American women, and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

One of my favorite books is Flowers for Algernon. Growing up I could really relate to the main character Charlie.

I am currently slogging through the Red Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robison. I'm only on page 90 of 572 in the first book and am still waiting for it to get interesting.

I've actually read the entirety of Coiling Dragon by I Eat Tomatoes. Still struggling to get through Stellar Transformations.

Recently, I've read some Norwegian fantasy, mostly written for teenagers. It's fun. I also read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. The magic system in it is different and interesting.

The webnovel I'm currently following most closely is Demoness' Art of Vengeance by Meditation Rock. I don't even know why I like it, her art hasn't gotten particularly skillful yet. Perhaps it's because the perspective is more female, and I'm getting tired of the typical Chinese fantasy male lead.

I'm currently re-reading Margaret Atwood's Oryx & Crake, After the Flood & Maddaddam trilogy.

I re-read #2 first, in error but it's the same timeframe as #1; then had to buy #1 again & with 3 chapters left, have #3 waiting on my bookshelves :)

Reading before sleep is a rediscovered chill pill. :)

I am currently slogging through the Red Mars trilogy by Kim Stanley Robison. I'm only on page 90 of 572 in the first book and am still waiting for it to get interesting.
How we are different! I loved it.
How about ancilliary justice by ann leckie?

How we are different! I loved it.
How about ancilliary justice by ann leckie?

I finished Red Mars and started Green Mars. I feel like it took me all of Red Mars to figure out that the story is about a group of people leading the transformation and colonization of Mars and not just about one person. It threw me off every time someone died and I thought, "Wait...so that wasn't the main character?" This may be the first book series I've read without a main character - unless the main character is Mars.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say anything negative about the series - just that it took me a while to get my head around the main idea.

I haven't read anything by Ann Leckie.

This weekend, I read The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds by Brandon Sanderson. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. It was incredible.

I think that I am now caught up with everything Brandon Sanderson has written, except his YA books.

This weekend, I read The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds by Brandon Sanderson. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down. It was incredible.

I think that I am now caught up with everything Brandon Sanderson has written, except his YA books.

I have gobbled up nearly everything Sanderson has written as well. His world building is dense and his magic systems are unparalleled! I haven't read The Many Lives of Stephen Leeds yet, so I'll have to put that on my list.

I'm currently reading Parallels and Paradoxes: Explorations in music and society by Daniel Barenboim & Edward W Said.

New Threads

Top Bottom