• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

That one guy/girl...

WolfGirl08

Does anyone have that one guy/girl where your friendship is on the edge of a relationship?
I met this one man a few months ago. We both were sexually attracted to each other but we both didn't want anything at that time. So we ignored it. A few times we have tried to be more but we were more interested in talking to each other.He knows I have AS and he's the one that's been listening to me when I try to deal with the diagnoses. Sometimes I think I talk to him too much and when I back off he gets a little upset. He's also seen me at my absolute worst...take example last night...I had a huge panic attack (that's what I call them) where it involved random crying, aggressiveness, and finally I curled up in a ball on my bed and ignored everything. He at first tried to get me to talk but he eventually stopped and let me be. Once I was able to gather myself I apologized to him and he says that he can handle whatever I dish out...it doesn't bother him. I found this to be a relief because my two other friends don't really like to deal with me when that happens (don't blame them really). I I ask because slowly I'm starting to feel more than just like with him but I don't say anything out of fear of rejection. Plus I like the way things are and not ready to date yet. I'm not actually sure what to do other than just keep talking like I usually do, which is probably what I should do but I feel like I should be doing more...if that makes any sense.

Hey wolf girl, at the very least he is a good friend, so cudos! As for the romance thing, nooooooooooooooo idea, but if you do decide it would be okay to try ask him what he thinks of the idea of dating. If I found a person like this and they were okay being around me as a friend and I wanted to date them I think I would have to ask them myself, as not trying to pursue it would leave me twisted up inside all the time and probably regretting it.

New Threads

Top Bottom