• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Teenager with Aspergers beaten up in north Belfast

Pedro

Teenager with Aspergers beaten up in north Belfast
22 August 2011 Last updated at 13:22 GMT

A teenager with Aspergers syndrome - a form of autism - has been assaulted in north Belfast.

Aaron Kennedy was kicked and punched by three youths on the Cavehill Road as he was walking home on Sunday night.

The teenager lost his front teeth, has a fractured arm, an injured shoulder, swelling to his face and blurred vision.

"He's very shaken up and very scared - he's scared even to leave the house," his mother Bernie said.

Aaron had been walking home from work with a friend through the Waterworks park.

He left his friend and went down steps onto the Cavehill Road, when he saw three men or youths.

One of them came over to Aaron and asked if he was following him.

"Aaron just ignored him and went to walk on, but they grabbed him back by the bag on his back and pulled him onto the ground and started kicking and booting him and started punching the face off him," Mrs Kennedy said.

"He said to the fella 'I have a disability' and they just laughed and kept on hitting him."

Mrs Kennedy said her son was lucky he had not been even more seriously injured and said she hoped the attackers would be caught soon.

"Someone else might not be as lucky as my son the next time," she said.

Source: BBC News - Teenager with Aspergers beaten up in north Belfast

They had no reason at all to attack him. I've been attacked in Belfast myself by youths for no reason as well.

Some of the behaviour of youths today is sickening. As Droopy said, they had no reason to attack him in the first place, but to keep doing it even after he said he had a disability, well... words fail me here. ****ing lowlife scum.

What pissed me the most was the viciousness of the attack. Those three guys broke the kid's arm and a front tooth for nothing.

I hope they face charges.

New Threads

Top Bottom