• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still confused by some things I am told

People are confusing and selfish including me. Our moods being upset about being lonely and being excited if we end up with a date or such is natural. When your therapist said "put yourself out there", I'm sure she didn't mean this in a condescending manner. Has she given you examples of things you can do rather than just simply state that? Has she listened to you about your habits? If someone told me to "put myself out there", it would be kind of insulting for me because I already have a problem of doing too many activities and have to cut back (i.e. I did some event/activity after work 25 after 30 days and got worn out from all that activity.).

What I can personally tell you is to look for a balance of aiming for independence, physical activity, your current interests, and trying to be open to others interests and personalities as much as possible.

If you have or if there are more specifics about your likes and habits and social situations, we might be able to offer more possibilities for you to consider.

She later told me her girlfriend left her for another girl and she tried to overdose on her meds. Her mother must’ve found her (She lives with her) because she said she woke up in a hospital room. She’s currently in a psych ward and we keep in contact.
Wow! She must be having a hard time. It is good you are her friend.

She later told me her girlfriend left her for another girl and she tried to overdose on her meds. Her mother must’ve found her (She lives with her) because she said she woke up in a hospital room. She’s currently in a psych ward and we keep in contact.
Be supportive, be accepting, be kind.

New Threads

Top Bottom