• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Still A Kid At Heart?

I am still VERY childish/immature; especially around this time of year, lol. I'm going to be 30 this year, and still have to go into stores and look at all the Christmas trees, and check out all the different decorations. I still watch cartoons, and I also still insist on sleeping with my teddy bear that I've had for over 20 years, lol.

I love Disney cartoons and anime as well. Mickey Mouse and related characters have been an obsession of mine since 2008. (His and Minnie's birthday is tomorrow, btw. They'll be 85. :) ) I even watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because I like the characters in it. The latest MMCH movie has Mickey's old rival Mortimer in it and I think that's awesome! I also like the new series Sofia the First. I'm super excited for the Floating Palace movie to come on in a week. I have my DVR set to record it.
I don't care if these interests are considered childish by most people. In my opinion it's kind of sad to not be able to be delighted by something as simple as a cartoon. :spin:

I felt like a kid again(in a good way)when I bought Ducktales Remastered for the PS3 two months ago & when I beat it when the Ducktales theme song was playing over the credits. I sang with it like it was the 80's all over again. Ducktales whoo-oo!

I bought that game last month and I'm totally addicted to both it and the series. I was ECSTATIC when I finally beat the lava because I thought I never could, but I did. :cloud9: Now I'm just having fun replaying all the levels over and over.

I still watch children's cartoons and even buy the DVDs (Jamie and the Magic Torch, Peppa Pig, Transformers Prime etc.), I would rather play spotlight after dark with the local kids than do the dishes, I still adore the Mr Men books and I can still throw a tantrum if things don't go the way I want them too.

I still watch children's cartoons and even buy the DVDs (Jamie and the Magic Torch, Peppa Pig, Transformers Prime etc.), I would rather play spotlight after dark with the local kids than do the dishes, I still adore the Mr Men books and I can still throw a tantrum if things don't go the way I want them too.

I envy you. I don't remember ever feeling like a child. I was always overly serious, and couldn't understand games. My idea of play was working on the math and English workbooks you used to be able to buy, and of course reading. I was a loner who didn't have much in common with the other kids my age. I wish we had the internet when I was a child, although I know my parents would have a tough time getting me off it for school, meals or to sleep. Kind of like now!

:giggle2:

I am very much a kid at heart! I was far too serious and sadly grew up way too fast looking back and yearn to make up for
what was lost though parts of me never grew old. I am completely like a happy child at christmas time which has never lost it's magic.
I never lost my sense of awe & wonder either!:bounce:

YUP.
My fiance is too. If we see a swing set, we will run to it. He also gets excited about trains, and log ride at amusement parks and fairs. Yep. We're giant kids. :laugh:

Also, macaroni and cheese and 90s pop, man! My must haves!

YUP.
My fiance is too. If we see a swing set, we will run to it. He also gets excited about trains, and log ride at amusement parks and fairs. Yep. We're giant kids. :laugh:

Also, macaroni and cheese and 90s pop, man! My must haves!
It's the secret to staying young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just... act like kids. We do really funny things. He takes my nose all the time and we are like really spontaneous in general. We're dorks. lol

I still play video game and yughio cards and like to childlike things growing up is overrated. And the nerds who like all that stuff are more fun to be around anyway.

I'm definitely a kid at heart, but I see it as a bonus! I want to work with children or write children's fiction, so it helps to still love all the things I love growing up and remember what it felt like to read, watch, or play them. I think there are aspects of them that we don't understand until we're adults, though.

Maybe that's one of the reason children seem drawn to me (the dogs... can't explain that one).

I'm very much a child at heart. Though it's odd; when I was a kid, I was told I had a 40 year old living inside of me. Now that I'm in my late 20s, people call me childish. I feel like I'm the same as always. I guess their perception of who I was supposed to be just changed as I got older.

I feel that way when it come to playing video games. I know a lot of adults play them, but I get the feeling from others that it's childish.
I felt like a kid again(in a good way)when I bought Ducktales Remastered for the PS3 two months ago & when I beat it when the Ducktales theme song was playing over the credits. I sang with it like it was the 80's all over again. Ducktales whoo-oo!

I secretly still watch Ducktales every so often. Lol That was by far my favorite cartoon put out by Disney, well that and its flip off show Darkwing Duck. So yeah, I can be a big kid sometimes.

I still buy kiddie toys for myself, eat kid cereal or kids' meals, watch cartoons, play games for kids, read a children's book, wear t-shirts w/characters, etc. Really I'm so over being too old for stuff. I don't care what is socially acceptable particularly when I'm in my own home relaxing. Some of these things are familiar and soothing for me, or if it's a good movie (disney stuff, for instance) then why the heck wouldn't I enjoy it?

Yes at 50.
I think everyone is but some folk just forget about it or other stuff gets in the way.
I love tinkering with cars but that's no different to my Mechano set as a boy.

It's great to back into time when I'm not thinking about the pains of being 14, then just being 7 again. I love to watch cartoons that I loved when I was younger. Then reflect on why. It was always just a great feeling.

I'm in my 40's and still think like I am 12. I still walk on curb, and if you're lucky enough to be with me I will do the old "one foot on curb, one on street while walking" thing. I like to throw paper wads at people. I enjoy watching all the movies I did as a child. The list just goes on.

Yeah I would say I am. My wife says I have the enthusiasm of a kid when I talk about my interests. I don't really have much of an interest in things that most adults like.

Same here, get like a kid, all excited ect when it involves my interests, could care less about most sports outside of racing and many other adult interests. My wife didnt understand till my diagnosis and her being able to research about it. Mike

New Threads

Top Bottom