• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I didn't like the whole fin and the girls plot line. It did nothing for the movie really. overall, I enjoyed the movie, and especially visually, they got the look of star wars perfectly, and added more to it.

My right click isn't working, and my spelling is horrid, so excuse the mistakes.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I don't like how they killed off snoke. They didn't explain anything about him, even though they hyped him up in the first movie considerably. He was just there, and then died when the plot needed him to, without expanding on him as a character whatsoever. He was just evil, that's all we know.

The force is back with it's misterios aspect. In the prequels, the force was just a wepon the jedi used. compared to the philosaphy based around it in the original trilogy, all we learned about it was the science about it, so no much except basic science fiction explinations. This movie hit the force home hard. It is misterios again, they talk about the balance more, and what it truley means to use to force, and what it actualy is.

When they brought yoda back, it made me estatic, that they used a puppet instead of cgi.

I like kylo ren. I think he is an extremely emotionally complex emotional character. I am interested in where his story goes. The original was hugely emotional, it was basicaly a space soap opera. The prequels where ambitious in the story they where trying to tell, but due to bad writing and other factors, a sotry with huge potential was reduced to the movies they are today.

This movie has lots of throwbacks to The Empire Strikes Back. Lots of little moments that where callbacks, and plotlines as well. It didn't go as far as the force awakens to almost copy the original movies. I feel like it was pushing it slightly, but still within an enjoyable amount. It leads me to belive that the next movie will also be like the return of the jedi, and have a end much akin to the original, but different as well.

Haven't seen it yet but hope to around Christmas. Am glad to hear the interpretation of 'The Force' is being rebooted. I also thought the Midi-Chlorians explanation rather anti-climatic. Like saying 'Use your Adrenaline Luke!'

I found the movie to be good but not great. All of the action sequences save the first underwhelmed me, and the last lightsabre fight came across like a bad professional wrestling match to me. (Both guys do some moves...then they rest...then a couple more moves...more rest...) The plot in general worked for me with a couple of exceptions.

Spoilers to follow...
Kylo Ren makes a ridiculous speech to Rey asking her to join the neutral side. That'll convince anyone, right?

Giant plot hole...thirty transporters to go to the old base - let's make sure that everyone of importance is in the same transporter, guys!

I saw it today and I was very underwhelmed. I thought it felt like they were trying to get too much stuff shoehorned into one film. I was surprised with some choices:

I feel like they are killing off the original characters just so they can be done with that and move on with an entire new cast for the next 20 years and pump out a film every year or two. I also didn't like (in episode 7 too) how there's all these people you recognise from other stuff in there just because they want to be able to say "I was in Star Wars"..usually as some character who either dies or is never seen again. I felt like there wasn't enough actual fighting of any sort and I don't understand why they put in all the romance stuff with Finn and Rose/Rey. I enjoyed most of the intentional humour, but there was maybe a little bit much.

I really enjoyed Rogue One and was disappointed by this one.

I think the worst thing Lucasfilm could have done is sell out to Disney, now Star Wars is becoming saturated and not special any more, it's now more about how many releases they can produce to make as much money as possible (as if they didn't have enough money), so far it's working well because the Star Wars franchise itself will sell the movies to fans no matter what. I haven't seen the latest movie as to be honest I'm becoming bored of the franchise already, I'll probably watch it when it's properly available online, but I'm in no rush, the new Star Wars movies just don't cut it like the original classic trilogy despite having updated special effects.

In my opinion Disney as a company has become far to big and powerful, they want to buy out and take over everything, they're even releasing a rival streaming service to Netflix and Amazon Prime soon. If Disney start monopolising the industry too much it won't be a good thing for the end consumer.

Last edited:
I watched it in IMAX last week, enjoyed it immensely.

All these "fans" who are complaining about it and saying it should be removed from Star Wars canon need to shut up IMHO, according to most of that lot the last good Star Wars movie was the original non "Special" version of Return of the Jedi probably.

I'll likely buy it on DVD sight unseen, as I have with the other films not produced or directed by George Lucas. It appears George Lucas himself enjoyed this latest effort as well. Though apparently actor Mark Hamill wasn't so happy about his character.

George Lucas gives his verdict on Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I know my brother will see it in the theaters, so his opinion is valued as well.

I'll likely buy it on DVD sight unseen, as I have with the other films not produced or directed by George Lucas. It appears George Lucas himself enjoyed this latest effort as well. Though apparently actor Mark Hamill wasn't so happy about his character.

I know my brother will see it in the theaters, so his opinion is valued as well.
I wonder whether this was really George Lucas's true opinion however. Perhaps giving good opinions and supporting future Disney Star Wars releases was part of the original deal when they sold Lucasfilm? Even if it wasn't it's not in his professional interests to condemn such a large and powerful company like Disney or the many professionals involved in making the production, especially after allowing Lucasfilm to be sold to them as it would make him look totally incompetent by trusting them with the franchise in the first place.

Disney is so over powerful they can control even people like George Lucas and they know how vitally important it is for people to see him give a positive opinion at the moment. In fact they will try to influence all media coverage of their company and releases to be as positive as possible and they are powerful enough for this to be pretty effective. If people believe that everyone else believes that something is brilliant they're more likely to be convinced that it's brilliant themselves, it conditions and even brainwashes, even the type of movies people usually prefer can be influenced over time (fashions change and are influenced). The media is an extremely powerful way of making this happen and so many people automatically believe what they're told, in fact the entire belief system of how the whole world is run is based on what the media has indoctrinated us to believe, it makes the vast majority of us just sit back and totally trust the system with just a tiny number of extremely powerful people in control (and usually power = corruption as I've mentioned before in other threads). As I've also said before Disney is is becoming far too powerful and intend to grow a lot more. Even fictional movies and TV programmes are a powerful influence on the people, especially when they start targeting the younger generation and over powerful companies like Disney fully understand this.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen it yet but from what I have heard it’s a very divisive Star Wars movie,while I will go and see this I probably won’t despise it like some do,but I do believe Disney is milking this dry and only in a few months we are getting the Han Solo movie then a year later episode 9 and then the obi wan kenobi movie,it will lose its magic and also I believe the script writing will get worse and will end up affecting the franchise in the long run.

I generally enjoyed it, it was quite funny at times and had lots of action and excitement, and had some very visually effective scenes. There were some moments which were awful though...
Leia's space walk was utterly ridiculous, Snoke's death was pathetic after they made him seems to powerful and mysterious in the first one, I'd like an explanation of who he is and his history, and I hate what they've done with Luke's character
But it was generally entertaining and after the god awful prequels I've been pleasantly surprised.

I saw this last night and as I predicted I don’t despise this but it’s definitely not the best Star Wars movie since The Empire strikes back,while I did find it enjoyable it didn’t really answer any questions and I think they did this intentionally because they want to hopefully answer questions in episode 9,But one thing it did convince me they are setting up is the idea of the grey jedi or being neither light or dark,hopefully JJ Abrams will give us the answers in the next movie because i feel my decision on the whole trilogy will come down to episode 9,will it be good or will it be a anti climatic disappointment.

Bought it on DVD. I enjoyed it. Fabulous video and multi-channel audio quality.

Definitely worth the purchase price.

Though the disparity between the critics and the public continues to baffle me. Oh well...but then I'm more of a Star Trek fan myself. But I've always liked the Star Wars saga.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Haven't seen it yet. But it's available as pay-per-view so I'm considering it. Liked the first two, the ones afterwards were far too cutsey. No little ewoks or jarjar's in my star wars universe. Attempting to appeal to a wider demographic, altered the nucleus of the existing audience. Making the movies more general and basic and less interesting to me.

Attempting to appeal to a wider demographic, altered the nucleus of the existing audience. Making the movies more general and basic and less interesting to me.

I think that's a reasonable assessment. Though with the entire process in the possession of Disney rather than George Lucas, it's no longer a creative lifetime labor of love, but just a "cash-cow". Which I suspect inevitably means making the saga more general than before, to help perpetuate the franchise indefinitely rather than give it any sense of an eventual conclusion.

Sad, but there's a term for such things. "Strictly business".

Don't listen to the hordes of angry fanboys who've been complaining voraciously since Disney took over the Star Wars franchise.

Contrary to their ranting, Force Awakens was an excellent movie, as was TLJ.

i find it ironic that they kill off the 2 main characters that the actors are still alive

Mark Hamill will be back in Episode IX, as a "Force Ghost", like Obi Wan in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

New Threads

Top Bottom