• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Wars episode 9 split into 2 good or bad?

Rather a general issue and (initially) not the fault of star wars, but it's irritating to me how many misconceptions and simplifications over many areas of sci fi star wars as the first popular science fantasy space thing encouraged.

Rather a general issue and (initially) not the fault of star wars, but it's irritating to me how many misconceptions and simplifications over many areas of sci fi star wars as the first popular science fantasy space thing encouraged.

True when you consider that Star Wars was released in 1977 while Flash Gordon as a serial production was released in 1936. Though in my own case I didn't see the first episode until 1965. Loved it back then too.

Yeah Star Wars is way more space fantasy than actual sci-fi, although the books actually go way more into detail on what can and cannot be done with the force. According to disney they're no longer canon though :expressionless:

I don't think Disney cares what the viewers think as long as the franchise continues to deliver anticipated corporate revenues to pacify shareholders.

With George Lucas Star Wars was a passion. A labor of love.

With Disney it's just another business venture. A "golden goose" that can lay only so many eggs.

I don't think Disney cares what the viewers think as long as the franchise continues to deliver anticipated corporate revenues to pacify shareholders.

With Disney it's just another business venture. A "golden goose" that can lay only so many eggs.

Once they get all the golden eggs out, they'll start squeezing out the silver, copper, iron, and lithium eggs.

The problem is that they manage to killed it between TLJ and SOLO , Of course we need to wait and see for episode 9 results but in term of marketing its amazing how they had an easy profitable franchise that required to precisely listen to its audience but instead they did everything wrong and now they have to make audience come back.

Once they get all the golden eggs out, they'll start squeezing out the silver, copper, iron, and lithium eggs.

Yep, especially if some bean counter can estimate the returns in a predictable manner. The secret of so many "B" movies made. :rolleyes:

The problem is that they manage to killed it between TLJ and SOLO , Of course we need to wait and see for episode 9 results but in term of marketing its amazing how they had an easy profitable franchise that required to precisely listen to its audience but instead they did everything wrong and now they have to make audience come back.

From their perspective I suspect there's a difference between killing the franchise and simply lowering expectations as long as the returns/profit margins remain predictable. It may no longer be up to "Star Wars" caliber in the eyes of the moviegoers, but still be viable to a studio "bean counter". At least for a few more movies with diminishing returns.

Last edited:

Sadly Disney is making the goose constipated.

Meh, they made Harry Potter 7 into a 2 part movie back in 2011, and the Potter fans complained about it, but the difference there is that the final Potter book had a big story which they couldn't fit into just 1 movie without making it Lord of the Rings style very long, which some people would then have complained about, so they were damned either way.

Last edited:
I read the books, imo the 2 part movie thing with hp was a good idea, it wasn't as dumped down as book 4-6. Especially 5 and 6 imo need a second movie already.
Including more of the story is great, when there is more story.

New Threads

Top Bottom