• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Star Trek Best of Both Worlds

Skeletor

This is commonly seen as the best TNG episode. Thinking back, I realize most fans think Data putting the cube to sleep triggered a fatal system error that resulted in the cubes destruction. I once would have agreed with this, but I now believe the Borg self destructed the ship on purpose. The reason was primarily to prevent the Queen from being captured by Starfleet, and also because when Data out them to sleep, they instantly went from being a conquering army to being a captured ship. What do you think?

I was thinking today actually, that I'd quite like to re-watch TNG. I must admit, I can't recall that episode. I remember the Borg episode with Picard being assimilated. I also recall an episode which I think called "I Borg" which had a lone borg who was taken to the ship.

If I remember rightly, there was a Voyager episode with a planet of ex-borg survivors and Chakotay helps them somehow.

Truth be told, I think I'd happily re-watch all of the shows. Unfortunately I seem to run out of steam before I finish the show. I think I finished TNG and Enterprise once and never finished DS9 or Voyager. I saw bits and pieces of the original series and tried Discovery, but wasn't keen. I didn't want to ruin the memory of TNG with the new Picard, but we shall see.

Sorry, this was kinda off topic from your original comment. I guess the borg is about self-preservation and if your queen was to be captured, and the possibility of Starfleet obtaining your technology and understanding and potentially exposing your weaknesses in future - destroying the cube would be the most sensible option.

Ed

I agree that it seems more likely that they intentionally self destructed. I suppose this could have been pre-programmed in the event that an entire cube became inactive, or it could have been done by hive in real time. Another reason to self destruct could be to destroy a potential boarding party or nearby vessel.

137509587_10223520914278368_4822414838909012832_o.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom