• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you Despise!

Funny that this was the first song I thought of, too. Second thought was that awful recording of dogs barking Jingle Bells. Then I thought of those awful Chipmunk songs. If one of those songs get stuck in your head, you might as well drink yourself into a stupor to get rid of it.

Anything by the Osmonds. Certainly they have abhorrent beliefs, but the music itself doesn’t counteract it.

If this song comes on at a grocery store or restaurant around Christmastime, my first and only instinct is to get up and leave.

What songs are like neurotypical nails on chalkboard for your delicate, refined aspie sensibilities?

I cannot stand The Human League! Especially this song.

I sort of almost liked The Human League. But it was part of the times when they first came out. Don't you want me was very different (in the USA) and a big hit. This song is fairly blah, but slightly interesting with the vocal swoppings.

Any version, past, present or future of 'Mac Arthur Park'.

00.jpg

for me its high female\ male human voices ,combined with nasal accents so 90% of music from the usa.
Like lower pitched voices.

Music after 1985 was terrible especially from the usa and aimed at the usa like stock, aitken & Waterman produced, even kylie (im extremely nasal australian accent)minogue got sick of it and her standards are the lowest
This is guaranteed to do my head in its even used in Doctor Who as a torture
Liked parts of all the songs but not all! of any, apart from the birdie song

“Somebody that I Used to Know”
Really any pop song from 2012-2019, since that is when I was at college or working at a retail store (so extreme overexposure), but I find this one particularly obnoxious.

“Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer”

Do commercial jingles count as songs for this thread?

Because I genuinely despise and 100% cannot stand the Kars4Kids jingle.

It's only 30 seconds long but that is 30 seconds too long.

Some Brits made this in the 90s to punish the world for something and it went viral for a little while, so you heard it everywhere. It's very repetitive and fast and weird and it sounds like it was made on a calculator. It's just too much of everything.

Some Brits made this in the 90s to punish the world for something and it went viral for a little while, so you heard it everywhere. It's very repetitive and fast and weird and it sounds like it was made on a calculator. It's just too much of everything.

Oh jeez! That one! Yes I remember and despise it! I remember all the times I would be walking somewhere and some skinheaded moron would sneak up behind me and scream that in my ear due to my long hair etc. I would jump out of my skin and almost have a meltdown, well I pretty much did to be honest.

It's a good job I didn't have the ability to throw a punch or I would have reflexively broken a few faces if such coordination had been in my repertoire!

That blimmin' Hanson song was another one!

Despise.........maybe not so strong an emotion for me, but
mexican oompa music played at full blast on a cheap AM radio. Although the southern Mexican drum music is pretty enjoyable.
Many years ago the garage I worked at played a particular C/W station that played only the same 15 top songs non-stop. Ended up wearing the earmuffs I use for my chainsaw.

New Threads

Top Bottom