• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Software Development Questions?

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I have some questions to ask since I'm starting a software development business. I give you some of my background first. I have developed web applications for about 10 years. Because mobile websites are becoming popular, I know this is a new skill I need to learn. I done some research and discover it wouldn't be hard for me to learn. I also learned I need to know how to develop mobile apps.

For those that do develop mobile apps, do you focus developing for one platform or multiple platforms? Which platforms do you develop for?

Did you have any prior programming experiences before you started developing mobile apps? How many months it took you to learn mobile apps and did you felt it was hard to learn?

Do you own a software development company or are you a freelancer? How do you determine your rates and estimated timeline to complete a project?

What social media platform do you consider is worth to integrate with and why?

Do you know any good graphic libraries to use for web and mobile apps? It can be free or paid.

Do you know a good library to use for GUI controls for an application? It can be free or paid.

Ok first of all I'm not a mobile app developer haha I learn a few things about using Eclipse to create mobile apps and bought a book which title I'll provide if you want me to. I don't know about your informatic skills but if you have studied java you have half the work done already. App development caught my attention but I don't have time to master the coding nor money to pay someone to create apps for me so I am stuck.
I think that's all I can tell you about it :D

Ok first of all I'm not a mobile app developer haha I learn a few things about using Eclipse to create mobile apps and bought a book which title I'll provide if you want me to. I don't know about your informatic skills but if you have studied java you have half the work done already. App development caught my attention but I don't have time to master the coding nor money to pay someone to create apps for me so I am stuck.
I think that's all I can tell you about it :D
I did learn Java in college but never developed any apps as a career. After finishing college I focused on the Microsoft technologies and later on PHP. I found the worst programming language I worked with was ColdFusion. The language syntax is like HTML. I think Adobe was trying to find a way to make programming easier for people who haves no experience. But I find using HTML like syntax for programming is a bad idea. It doesn't sound logical for me. Anyhow thanks for your reply.

Don't know anything about coding and the likes, but I recommend looking in to Unreal Engine 4 (if you haven't already). It's quickly growing in popularity, and apparently can allow for some really high quality graphics, which will run smoothly on mobile devices.

Don't know anything about coding and the likes, but I recommend looking in to Unreal Engine 4 (if you haven't already). It's quickly growing in popularity, and apparently can allow for some really high quality graphics, which will run smoothly on mobile devices.
Wow didn't know the Unreal Engine still being used. Something I should look into. Thanks Ms Hedgehog

Thanks. I was not planning on doing game development but anything could change in the future. I'm planning on getting a gaming laptop soon as I want a powerful machine for photo and video editing. When I get this laptop I explore the Unreal Engine. I would like to make my own Marble Madness Game. Someone made one with the Unreal 3 Engine for a competition. I had trouble to get it to work on my machine. I show you what the original game looked like in the 80's

New Threads

Top Bottom