• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mia

V.I.P Member
Write about any difficulties you might have here, Asperger's related or not, serious or funny.

People from the forum can then answer in any way they find helpful or unhelpful. They can offer solutions or funny or serious videos or instructional pages as solutions. :eek::eek:

I attempted to fix a small area on my property into a low-light grassy place, by puncturing the lawn with a device that cuts holes and aerates the lawn. I then used a container of grass seed and filled the holes with said grass seed, seems it was not grass seed, but plantain seed. I now have a lawn covered with plantain, actually a good crop of it. Won't use herbicides, any solutions?

Referring to the weed, have used it as a poultice for cuts and insect bites while camping. Don't know about the efficacy of chewing it, seems to me that bacteria present in the mouth would end up infecting wherever it was used. So I tend to use a mortar and pestle to grind it a little in a home setting. As there is so much of it, I'll never use it all in a lifetime. But thank you for the suggestions.

The weed puller is interesting, and I could likely make one. Thanks CeasarKungPow!

Last edited:
I've hardly slept all week due to a bad cold and a very nasty cough.

I was on the phone at 6.30 AM today cancelling the carer that was due 2 and half hours later, OK it's not 24 hours notice so I'll get charged but like I told them, I can't help that, my illness does not run to their schedule.

Afterwards I went back to Bed to attempt to sleep, woke up around 9.20 AM, had Breakfast and my tablets and ran a Bath.

I have the problem of misunderstanding what I read. I read everything just as it is written and can't interpret context. I take and read things literally as I lack the imagination part of my brain. ADD won't allow me to follow a 2 hour movie, I have to have an intermission. This is the worst part of my disability...misconstruing majority of statements said or read.:(

I'm often live in a state of confusion. Do you have any advice for that? :rolleyes::eek:

Write about any difficulties you might have here, Asperger's related or not, serious or funny.

People from the forum can then answer in any way they find helpful or unhelpful. They can offer solutions or funny or serious videos or instructional pages as solutions. :eek::eek:

Do you have any advice for that?

images

Novel way to wash a car, watch the weather report for thunderstorms, if one is on it's way soap the car down and leave it out in a rainstorm. Only difficulty is that the weather report is not always accurate. Or if the thunderstorm just passes over the area. My problem is that I can't predict the weather.

I've got plenty of problems. One of them is involves trousers.why must I wear such a weird size in pants? It makes it incredibly difficult to find pants in my size. Why can't I ever find my pants?

These seem to be readily available Rayner : What really bothers me about them is how mismatched the patterned material is.

b4a9029b81b95e8918ac4b082cb5e0cd.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Agony Aunt

I want to interact with people, both online and IRL, BUT, after initiating interaction, I frequently feel overwhelmed by a sense of pressure to respond and for the response to be the "right/correct" response. I then have difficulty continuing the back and forth of the interaction, what can I do?

I understand the feeling. I will tell you with me there really is no right or wrong way to respond, ok? Also have I posted pictures of my tools for you yet? Would you like me to do that?

Dear Agony Aunt

I want to interact with people, both online and IRL, BUT, after initiating interaction, I frequently feel overwhelmed by a sense of pressure to respond and for the response to be the "right/correct" response. I then have difficulty continuing the back and forth of the interaction, what can I do?

I'm afraid I don't have a straw hat as mine is made From beaver felt. I am positive nobody wants to see my feet. Trust me on that :rolleyes: those boots seem to match Mia's suggestion for pants. Am I right?​

Well, here's one problem solved, at least. All you need is a straw cowboy hat and a drink with a little umbrella.

1434598678-cowboy-boot.jpg

Dear Vinca, I've consulted the 'magic' Book of answers as I have no solution and often feel the same way.

Answer: 'It will remain unpredictable.' and this: A real throwback: The sheepdogs - I don't know

Last edited:
Every day I go fix them and every day they break them again. This would be depressing if I wasn't getting paid and having so much fun.

Well, here's one problem solved, at least. All you need is a straw cowboy hat and a drink with a little umbrella.

1434598678-cowboy-boot.jpg

Don't know exactly why Turanga, when I saw the cowboy sandals I actually felt nauseous, as if something was truly wrong with the universe. That the boots were supposed to be boots, and then they were not what I expected.

Don't know exactly why Turanga, when I saw the cowboy sandals I actually felt nauseous, as if something was truly wrong with the universe. That the boots were supposed to be boots, and then they were not what I expected.

They are a little bit upsetting, aren't they? Imagining them with the pants, maybe on a surfboard, somehow makes it more palatable through utter ridiculousness. :wink:

New Threads

Top Bottom