• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So, for the second time in my life, I am attempting to write a book, but....

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
.... An autobiography.

My husband was the first one to suggest and at first, I just shrugged, thinking it was beyond me.

The last time, was attempting to write a fiction and I am ashamed to say, my first rejection, was my last, because as far as I was concerned, I was not cut out to be a writer and thus, stuck to reading books.

What I failed to appreciate is that the "rejection" letter stated that I had potential, but not at that moment.

Zip forward to the other day, when hubby suggested it, as a way to address my anger and hurt and pain, I actually found myself thinking of it and woah, even have the title.

SHATTERED SILENCE; BANDAGED LIES.

Now, my one friend got it straight away, but my hubby doesn't get it and said to ask ones who have been abused and see if they understand?

I have already started on it and what I have to battle with, is doing it in one swoop, but instead, I just am trying to go with the flow. So, when I have inspiration, I jot down on post it notes and when I feel inspired, or spurred on, I type.

Scary, but exciting too and I have been told a few times, that my emails are very interesting, so perhaps I can achieve this, eh?

I'm sure it will be a lot of hard work. I hope you finish it.

Some of the best and most famous writers have to revise and rewrite their work dozens of times before publishing. And some receive dozens of rejections before they get published.

Keep at it. Don't get discouraged.

.... An autobiography.

My husband was the first one to suggest and at first, I just shrugged, thinking it was beyond me.

The last time, was attempting to write a fiction and I am ashamed to say, my first rejection, was my last, because as far as I was concerned, I was not cut out to be a writer and thus, stuck to reading books.

What I failed to appreciate is that the "rejection" letter stated that I had potential, but not at that moment.

Zip forward to the other day, when hubby suggested it, as a way to address my anger and hurt and pain, I actually found myself thinking of it and woah, even have the title.

SHATTERED SILENCE; BANDAGED LIES.

Now, my one friend got it straight away, but my hubby doesn't get it and said to ask ones who have been abused and see if they understand?

I have already started on it and what I have to battle with, is doing it in one swoop, but instead, I just am trying to go with the flow. So, when I have inspiration, I jot down on post it notes and when I feel inspired, or spurred on, I type.

Scary, but exciting too and I have been told a few times, that my emails are very interesting, so perhaps I can achieve this, eh?

Perfect title. Is this a autobiography, or just going into story mode? I have a half-written screen play idea, unsure if l should write it into a book. It's a comedy of course.

I always had great story ideas, but never could translate them from my brain onto paper (or equivalent) so they always remained in my head. When I was in elementary school I would tell other kids about my stories and they would use it as additional ammo to bully me with, so I learned never to write down or talk about anything inside my head. Even as an adult when I tried to write I never could get more than a few pages down before getting "writer block" and finally just deleting the story. What I am saying is anybody who can write has my respect as I can't.

To me the title is referring to the part of the abuse when you come forward about it but then have to mitigate the chaos caused by that with various lies and downplaying, or it's the lies of other people to justify, explain, or cover up the abuse.

I don't know if that's what you meant, but that's what I thought of!

New Threads

Top Bottom