• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Smh @ Indian call centres!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Just been on with Talk Talk trying to upgrade my Fibre Broadband package, I was asking questions as I'm very tech savvy, and the woman on the phone didn't understand me.

I mean yeah OK I have a strong local accent which most Indians can't understand but come the heck on, I speak English FFS!

In the end I gave up and will get Dad to ring up on my behalf when he comes to pick me up shortly.

OK I know I have no patience but this would try anyone's.

I finally managed to sort it, well actually Dad sorted it on my behalf, got an Engineer coming at 8 AM next Tuesday, knowing me I won't be up despite Tuesdays being my work day, but Dad's coming down so he'll be there as well as the carer.

Only thing is I might have to ring work and say I'll be late in, because I don't know how long the Engineer will be there and I have to be on the Shop floor before 10 AM.

Did you do the talking loudly and slowly like everyone does when trying to communicate with foreigners? :D

I speak loudly anyway, which leads them to think I'm being aggressive, which I'm not until they start being annoying, and most call centre staff are trained to put the phone down on anyone they deem as being aggressive.

Not my fault or problem, it's their fault for not understanding a broad Sheffield accent or having the technical knowledge beyond what's on their script to deal with my problem.

Do you see? :D

New Threads

Top Bottom