• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sleeping with stuffed toys

I'm 27 and sleep with Winnie the Pooh! :D It makes me feel less anxious and somewhat replaces how I used to sleep with a person for a long time. I also have many stuffed ducks, and Piglet rides passenger in my car. :cool:

I have a stuffed Komodo dragon (Jordy) and a stuffed tiger shark (Lilia) that I sleep with. I sometimes will also bring Lilia with me as kind of a comfort object, at least to have in the car on the way to/from somewhere stressful.

A small teddy bear from childhold. Hes kind of a place holder. An item that does not change with time.

It's comforting to know that so many of us share this experience.

I'm 24 and I haven't slept with my Iggy (big plush lizard) since I was a teenager. I've been in denial that I'm on the spectrum for so long now, and always felt strongly self conscious about my feelings for him. Two nights ago it hit me like a brick wall; how much I miss him. My mom had the foresight to keep a bunch of things from different parts of my childhood around, I think he's still in a closet somewhere. Now I just need to get over the embarrassment to ask her to get him for me.

I sometimes will also bring Lilia with me as kind of a comfort object, at least to have in the car on the way to/from somewhere stressful.

That hits home, I remember getting in trouble for bringing Iggy to school with me and trying to smuggle him in to the computer lab so I could have him on my lap. It worked twice but it's kinda hard to hide a 30-inch-long giant puffy lizard.

New Threads

Top Bottom