• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sleeping problems

ExplosiveTMT

Humour's my middle name.
So for the past four nights, including this one, I've been having trouble getting sleep.
My body seems to keep getting too hot or too cold and I'm constantly having to kick off blankets and put them back on again.
I can't seem to find the right combo of blankets that will keep my body at a cozy temperature, and not too hot or too cold.
Of course, anxiety over not being able to sleep doesn't help me either.

I fall asleep eventually, and it's not a lot of sleep, but I suppose some is better than none. :)

Anyways, has anyone had similar problems? :)

So for the past four nights, including this one, I've been having trouble getting sleep.
My body seems to keep getting too hot or too cold and I'm constantly having to kick off blankets and put them back on again.
I can't seem to find the right combo of blankets that will keep my body at a cozy temperature, and not too hot or too cold.
Of course, anxiety over not being able to sleep doesn't help me either.

I fall asleep eventually, and it's not a lot of sleep, but I suppose some is better than none. :)

Anyways, has anyone had similar problems? :)
Sleep is a constant battle...I just cant switch off

I pretty much gave up on sleeping regularly and do things more worthwhile instead; recording music, working out at the gym, gaming

It kinda comes down to me sleeping when I'm physically and mentally exhausted, which usually kicks in after 2 days or so.

Also; "For the past 4 days"... seems more like a temporary issue perhaps due to some anxiety now, rather than an ongoing "struggle"

I go to bed at 05:00 and I wake up at 10:00 so that everyone thinks that I am having enough sleep because my family don't understand that I can't sleep until I have had read or watched videos about my special intrest for serveral hours(Plus I do enjoy the alone time). If I don't do it my mind doesn't switch off and I am unable to sleep for the rest of the night.

Sometimes it can be a bit of a torture because I wake up so tired and if I tell my family that I have a problem they might just say that I shouldn't follow my intrest as much as I do and start pestering me at night time to see if I am awake.

The strange thing is when I have trouble sleeping, it's usually because there's an event coming up that I'm worried about.
Only thing I can think of that's coming up is athletics day. I doubt that's the case, because athletics is an individual thing. No teamwork involved. :p

So maybe I'm just getting insomnia.
Maybe I should just daydream when I close my eyes. :D
If I fall asleep, awesome. But if I don't get much of it, then at least I thought of cool stuff, and didn't get bored. :p

I have never been much of a sleeper. It's difficult to judge how much of it is a family thing though because I have a Grandfather that never slept more than three hours a night. I've always kind of slept with "one eye open" so to speak. I'm semi-lucid throughout the entire night...I may get up to rearrange things, check the time, pack something in my bag for tomorrow, use the bathroom, and occasionally I will even respond to messages and do something elaborate and time consuming like cook and I'll only be vaguely aware in the morning because I wasn't exactly awake. :/ Unfortunately I have trouble with sleepiness during the day... I have no idea if this is a common aspie thing or if I have my own special sleep disorder. I do know that insomnia is common.

New Threads

Top Bottom