• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Silly Things That You Were Afraid Of When You Were Nine...

Not really a fear, but when i was a Child i thought there was an immaterial "ministry of annoyances" that was responsible for things going wrong in your life. Kind of like Murphy's law except i didn't know what it was.

Public toilets, and the skull and crossbones label on containers of poisonous household substances. Apparently kids nowadays think it means you'll turn into a cool pirate if you drink it.:rolleyes:

I still am.

A particular concern of mine, at age nine,
was that I'd have to marry some man that
I'd never met.

It didn't occur to me that if I got as far as
marrying somebody, I would have actually
met them. It was the idea of some unknown
person that bothered me.

Black Diamond cheese logos.

They were black and orange so they reminded me of Halloween, especially against orange cheddar cheese.

They seemed too bold and sinister.

There was a rumor between the kids, that there was a black van going around with bad people that kidnapped children to take their organs. lololol.

My neighbour had a small dog, adjacent to my some backyard/scrapyard that was near my house, i went to play there all the time, one day the dog bited me in the leg, since then i was scared to go there and the dog for a long time.

One of the people who took care of me always said “Don’t run or you’ll fall and crack your head open.” She used it as a fear tactic.
So for my entire childhood I was afraid that I was going to literally crack my head open.

One of the people who took care of me always said “Don’t run or you’ll fall and crack your head open.” She used it as a fear tactic.
So for my entire childhood I was afraid that I was going to literally crack my head open.

wow

That just reminded me of what my father's mother was so worried about:
choking.

She feared choking, so she very anxiously advised me on being careful.

I was not afraid of choking on the sucker I had that day.
It didn't even fit in my mouth.
One of those huge bigger-than-my-fist sized lollipops.

It didn't occur to me to be afraid of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom