• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Silly Things That You Were Afraid Of When You Were Nine...

The Jetsons/the future
Chucke E Cheese (the mouse mascot)
Dogs (I had a bad experience with a German Shepherd when I was 3-4 years old, along with talk from my grandma)
Chapter books (it was more like anxiety overwhelming than fear but I think it still counts)

I was a pretty scareless child but i was kind of afraid of big crows taking me at night if i would walk outside alone. Just normal looking crows that have the size of a toddler. I wasnt afraid of crows themself, just this concept was scary.

The Jetsons/the future
Chucke E Cheese (the mouse mascot)
Dogs (I had a bad experience with a German Shepherd when I was 3-4 years old, along with talk from my grandma)
Chapter books (it was more like anxiety overwhelming than fear but I think it still counts)
I love dogs, and they’re my special interest and my career, but I was also attacked by a German Shepherd so German Shepherds make me kind of nervous :(

Chuck E Cheese scares the living crap out of me too.

I was so scared of The Nothing.
this was my favorite childhood movie!! i never imagined being afraid of the nothing. that's amazing. Morla was scary to me and i was and still am OBSESSED with Atrayu's hair LOL. I know every whip, stray strand, and flop! it's so strange.

i was afraid of certain people, i mean HORRIFIED.

to this day im terrified of moths (is that a sensory thing?)

Enormous sea monsters, and oh my goodness ORCAs (even though they are beautiful).

I used to have nightmares about fish touching me and flopping around.

seeing and saying body waste fluids and germs. it was disgusting playing videogames with sick kids. i can only imagine the face i was making :eek:.

ET!! took me years to watch that

uneasiness and fascination with hair shaking

parasites!

Last edited:
I love dogs, and they’re my special interest and my career, but I was also attacked by a German Shepherd so German Shepherds make me kind of nervous :(

Chuck E Cheese scares the living crap out of me too.
i can't stand the chicken and the chef...they look like living nightmare's. there's a documentary of pizzeria chains that existed 70's-early 90's and the characters were hideous lol

i can't stand the chicken and the chef...they look like living nightmare's. there's a documentary of pizzeria chains that existed 70's-early 90's and the characters were hideous lol
I have seen that documentary!! Lmao. Or one just like it.
I watched it out of morbid curiosity I guess lol and I regretted it.

This one is really silly.

I was scared of being put in cement boots by the mafia and dropped into New York Harbor.

Never mind that I grew up in the high desert of Southern California, and our creek was more of a "crick" that you could cool your ankles in. lol

I think I was just allowed to watch the wrong kind of movies too young. lol

On the Chuck E Cheese subject...

I wasn't afraid of costumed characters that were really well done, like at Disneyland. But the scruffy ones that had been used for several years... you know, the ones that look like they have fleas or are molting, and have big bug eyes and crooked teeth, yeah, those ones scared the daylights out of me.

Here is a video for reference, so you can know what I am talking about. It's purdy dern funny:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/F1Ey0CYAN9Y

We lived way out in the country without really any porch lights or anything. If a neighbor down the road had their lights on at night, like over their pasture, I thought they were aliens who were coming to abduct me (the movie Aliens- where the creature comes out of that person's stomach- had recently come out, and of course, my parents took me to see it). I laid in bed terrified. I told my family about it.

My cousin who was late teens/early twenties was staying with us. And that night, the lights were on again, and I lay in bed shivering in fear. He popped his head up in my window, and I screamed so hard, I don't know how my little 8 year old self did not have a heart attack.

If that wasn't bad enough, I had a bouquet of snapdragons next to my bed, that my mother had given me. She likes to tell scary stories (like that all vampires came from Pennsylvania- and they loved eating little girls who don't like garlic- I fit the bill!). She told me that at night, the snapdragons come to life, and turn into real dragons who eat little girls who do not go right to sleep.

It was a baaaad night for little me.

This one is really silly.

I was scared of being put in cement boots by the mafia and dropped into New York Harbor.

Never mind that I grew up in the high desert of Southern California, and our creek was more of a "crick" that you could cool your ankles in. lol

I think I was just allowed to watch the wrong kind of movies too young. lol
When you really think about it, its almost unthinkable. Drowning is an obsession of mine

I was afraid of bumper cars.

I didn't know how to drive them and didn't want mine to stop going with everyone watching.

The mafia was a fear I had too. The Sopranos scared me as a kid, and The Godfather.
Gang violence though, was a very real and valid fear I had in early childhood, especially considering the area I was in at that time.
I now live in the opposite kind of area and have a completely different but still just as valid reason to be afraid of neighbors with guns.

That went kind of dark, sorry :/

Voodoo and Santeria were terrifying to me as a kid too, and I still have to sleep with the lights on if I see anything related to it on YouTube or anything (which happens from time to time, since I like paranormal videos.)

I can't remember how old I was, but I heard on the news that a satellite was due to crash into the Earth. I spent a sleepless night worrying in case it crashed into the house.

I loved bumper cars. Rollercoasters. Big slides. Bouncy Castles. Anything theme park related. Sopranos wasn't airing yet when I was nine, But I liked that show. I was fascinated with weird deaths; people getting hit by asteroids, lightning, falling satellites, falling animals, pompeii, medieval tortures, mummification, spontaneous human combustion, I think I had a book of weird facts like that. With actual photos. None of that scared me.

What scared me was more human things, like getting smacked around, because of bad behavior. Getting grounded, having my toys taken away, or being threatened to have no presents come birthday or Christmas.

One thing I did fear back then , was "mustard." Cause I developed this habit of stickin my tounge out at people...and to teach me lesson, I was force fed mustard one time. Or maybe a couple times.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom