• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Silent echolalia?

I'm looking at my growing list of ASD and co-morbid traits and thinking.. ya know what, forget all that, I'm just a Nutter! There, instant, easy diagnosis anyone can understand.. fits neatly in the teeny tiny box on the disability benefit form too :D

I am so right there with you. Yep.

I have the Russian word пчел́a going round and round in my head and have had for the past few days.

Hehe, usually when too much is going on in my head and I'm trying to calm down my mind and clear away all the thoughts, Russian word курица (chicken) comes to my mind and I start mentally repeating it over and over. This has been happening since I was a child.
I have a question out of curiosity (if you don't mind me asking): Is Russian your native language or it's a foreign word you're stuck on?

Last edited:
Hehe, usually when too much is going on in my head and I'm trying to calm down my mind and clear away all the thoughts, Russian word курица (chicken) comes to my mind and I start mentally repeating it over and over. This has been happening since I was a child.
I have a question out of curiosity (if you don't mind me asking): Is Russian your native language or it's a foreign word you're stuck on?
English is my native language but I have been learning Russian for many years now. Пчел́a of my favourite words because of the way it sounds and what it means. I like bees. Kурица is a good word for repeating too. It's normally just foreign words that I repeat in my head actually, either Russian or Dutch words usually.

New Threads

Top Bottom