• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Sigh* And I didn't get to see it...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
This story goes back 23 years, when I had just moved to Ontario from Alberta, a very long story short I met who owned a very rare British car, a 1956 Jensen 541 coupe, they were never sold in Canada... He brought it with him from England (from his dad) when he moved here in the mid 1970's

Anyway, when I met Peter he was willing to show me his Jensen which was mid-restoration at that time, we also quickly became friends... During the three years I lived there he credited me with renewing his interest in getting back to the restoration again, but I basically lost touch with him

Perhaps four years ago I called him again about something, and he was still working on the restoration of the Jensen

I just saw a Facebook post which shows that he finally finished the restoration! Sadly the only place I saw his car was just sitting in his garage, I would love to see the car now! Maybe this calls for a long awaited trip to Ontario to relive some old memories :cool:

This is a photo I took 23 years ago with a cheap film camera:

Jensen 541 04.jpg

And this is the car now, fully restored, and I only get to see it in a photo :rolleyes:... Not my photo of course...

Jensen 541 01.jpg

Meantime, driving home from work today I spotted an ultra-rare Toyota Century - Japanese JDM car - driving past me (second time I've seen it, both times driving, no photo :rolleyes: ), Link - 1992 Toyota Century First Test Review

And almost right behind it a Lada Niva I've seen twice now, both times while I've been driving...

For me car spotting is a wee bit like bird watching, but I hate not getting the photo! :confused: My problem is that I have an endless list of classic cars I want to see, most of which I'll never see here in hinterland

Last edited:
Wow! What a stunning looking car! I really like older cars. Much better looking than the "everything is an SUV" look that is so popular these days.

I own an old car (it's actually rare enough that I couldn't mention it here without potentially loosing anonymity), sadly due to physical issues I'm unable to get it road worthy for the foreseeable future at least. I miss driving it so much. To me it has become more of a pet than a machine.

I say, throw caution to the wind if you feel like it and go on that road trip! :)

This story goes back 23 years, when I had just moved to Ontario from Alberta, a very long story short I met who owned a very rare British car, a 1956 Jensen 541 coupe, they were never sold in Canada... He brought it with him from England (from his dad) when he moved here in the mid 1970's

Anyway, when I met Peter he was willing to show me his Jensen which was mid-restoration at that time, we also quickly became friends... During the three years I lived there he credited me with renewing his interest in getting back to the restoration again, but I basically lost touch with him

Perhaps four years ago I called him again about something, and he was still working on the restoration of the Jensen

I just saw a Facebook post which shows that he finally finished the restoration! Sadly the only place I saw his car was just sitting in his garage, I would love to see the car now! Maybe this calls for a long awaited trip to Ontario to relive some old memories :cool:

View attachment 87457

And this is the car now, fully restored, and I only get to see it in a photo :rolleyes:... Not my photo of course...

View attachment 87458
So clean. Has that mirror effect.

If I can afford it right now, maybe something to save up for, or at least try with what little money I make :rolleyes:
Perhaps something to look forward to and work towards in the (hopefully not too distant) future? :)

I suppose some of the best most memorable moments in life are the ones we've worked towards and waited the longest for :)

A bit like the moment I first got to drive my car after years of working on it with a shoestring budget. I doubt I will ever forget that moment :)

View attachment 87457

View attachment 87458
Is that an air intake rotating shutter?

If you want to see cool foreign cars, you should be on the lookout for the mighty Volvo Amazon from the 1950s and 60s and 70s. :cool: Real Swedish steel, as Swedish as ABBA in an IKEA store. :)

1666813364539.png 1666813261264.png 1666813336213.png 1666814078638.png

Last edited:
If you want to see cool foreign cars, you should be on the lookout for the mighty Volvo Amazon from the 1950s and 60s and 70s. :cool: Real Swedish steel, as Swedish as ABBA in an IKEA store. I have one of those and they are thrilling

They are great cars! Relatively common, even here... I've seen lots of them over the years, a Jensen 541 is really rare in comparison, only a few hundred were ever made...

They are great cars! Relatively common, even here... I've seen lots of them over the years, a Jensen 541 is really rare in comparison, only a few hundred were ever made...

Yeah the Jensen is more rare, but I didn't know you guys had Amazons all over Canada. Cool. :) They are nice cars.

Yeah the Jensen is more rare, but I didn't know you guys had Amazons all over Canada. Cool. :) They are nice cars.

Meet the Volvo Canadian, assembled here in Canada for a few years through a special arrangement...

Many Amazon's were sold in North America, typically sold as the 121S or 123GT, or also as the Canadian (as noted above)

Volvo 01.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom