• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shower or Bath?

Shower or Bath?

• Shower

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Bath

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Well, I prefer showering to clean myself, but I do enjoy a good jacuzzi when I am on vacation, with some champagne, Benjamins falling from the sky, hot male dancers in speedos. That is my gangsta rap video fantasy.

When I was a kid, I loved to take baths. Now, I like showers as an adult. If my body is achy I’ll take an epson salt bath. This is probably weird, but I don’t like talking baths because I can see my hair in the water. It’s floating around.

Last edited:
I prefer showers but, for some reason, I take a lot of baths whenever I'm seriously ill.

PREFER baths, but I can't justify the water usage and extra time. My showers are efficient. Get wet, soap up, rinse off, done.

Bath! A million times over, I always choose a bath. Who wants to stand when you can lie back and relax in hot water?

Showers, it seems simpler and I never found a good way to deal with the hair washing part in a bath. Actually hair, and long hair in particular is a challenge, but also one of the things that drives me to shower, I can't stand my hair being greasy.

Shower. In the winter I also like to turn the steam on while taking a shower. For relaxation I have a whirlpool tub in the bathroom.

I took baths when I was a child. I learned how to take a shower at a young age, but for a long time I still preferred baths. From my teenage years on I eventually switched to showers primarily, since they’re quicker. Showers are my regular thing now. I’m also too big to fit in the bathtub.

Also, did you ever take bubble baths as a child? Those were fun.

PREFER baths, but I can't justify the water usage and extra time. My showers are efficient. Get wet, soap up, rinse off, done.

I pretty much agree with this. I by far prefer baths and never liked the feeling of showers as a kid. I'm okay with them now. I take showers to conserve water and time, plus my current place only has a shower. Baths are nice as a luxury, so I'll take them on vacation.

I do not have a proper bathtub here, only a small one, so I take showers. A bath is best enjoyed when there's plenty of water to have it in so I don't use the tub often.

100% showers. I have lifelong tinnitus and the ONLY time I can't hear the "ringing" in my head is...in the shower. Also, I like how gravity helps with the bathing process in the shower. Start at the top and work your way down.

My dad used to only take really fast baths growing up and I just remember the soap and dead skin scum that would be left in the bathtub and that grossed me out. Aren't you kind of soaking in your filth if you take a bath? I also don't like hot tubs aka Jacuzzis for the same reason. Soaking together with strangers in the same bathwater.

100% showers. I have lifelong tinnitus and the ONLY time I can't hear the "ringing" in my head is...in the shower. Also, I like how gravity helps with the bathing process in the shower. Start at the top and work your way down.

My dad used to only take really fast baths growing up and I just remember the soap and dead skin scum that would be left in the bathtub and that grossed me out. Aren't you kind of soaking in your filth if you take a bath? I also don't like hot tubs aka Jacuzzis for the same reason. Soaking together with strangers in the same bathwater.
Most "public" hot tubs and Jacuzzis require you to shower before soaking

New Threads

Top Bottom