• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I get re-diagnosed?

Also I recently studied an article concerning autism and the use of marijuana, Being a weekly user I though that It might be affecting my social skills.

I was diagnosed as an adult, and haven't used marijuana since well before being diagnosed, but I can attest to it enhancing my social skills, it could turn me into a non-stop talker. (Not recommending it's use by any means) Also, I think the people I hung around with at that time were much more accepting of my differences. A few years later, when I was trying to get my act together, I started to "regress" and struggle like I did in high school. I had taken on more responsibilities and was not doing so well. That lead to my diagnosis.

I agree with some of the others, though. As I got older (late teens, twenties) I had gained coping skills and was actively pursuing my interests, and had few responsibilities, so my symptoms didn't seem so apparent.

I agree with the regression. As stress was added to my life I started to revert back to older behaviours.

I think if you can self diagnose, why not "undiagnose" it doesn't mean a thing in the end if your not willing to accept a diagnosis.

Life as a NT isn't much different then it is as an aspie. Many of us on here went the greater portion of our lives thinking we were NT. Aspie or NT is a just a word the end result is the same. We are who we were born to be regardless of a label.

New Threads

Top Bottom