• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Share good puns and jokes.

This is hilarious. And these kids are very good-natured about some of these downright stupid and ridiculous jokes at their expense! A lot of these aren't even funny to me, an American, so I can't imagine they'd be funny to English people either lol. These guys took it really well though!
But honestly, I was watching this and I was like "I'm really not surprised that some Europeans think we're idiots and jerks." Lol

This is hilarious. And these kids are very good-natured about some of these downright stupid and ridiculous jokes at their expense! A lot of these aren't even funny to me, an American, so I can't imagine they'd be funny to English people either lol. These guys took it really well though!
But honestly, I was watching this and I was like "I'm really not surprised that some Europeans think we're idiots and jerks." Lol

They can't spek proppa inglish lik wot I can.

They can't spek proppa inglish lik wot I can.
I think it's funny that they pointed out that the one girl was imitating an Essex accent, specifically. I think that's the one that's usually stereotyped here.
People always expect me to have a Boston accent, but my accent sounds nothing like it lol. I do have an accent, but it isn't that!

I think it's funny that they pointed out that the one girl was imitating an Essex accent, specifically. I think that's the one that's usually stereotyped here.
People always expect me to have a Boston accent, but my accent sounds nothing like it lol. I do have an accent, but it isn't that!
Some people here seem to think that all Americans speak with a Texas accent. The often mimicked Irish accent is, in fact, a Cork accent. Then there is the Scottish accent... Many years ago they had some woman from Birmingham claim to be able to do a Scottish accent. She proceeded to say the stereotype Scottish phrase in a broad Birmingham accent. I was in stitches for some time after hearing that!

Some people here seem to think that all Americans speak with a Texas accent. The often mimicked Irish accent is, in fact, a Cork accent. Then there is the Scottish accent... Many years ago they had some woman from Birmingham claim to be able to do a Scottish accent. She proceeded to say the stereotype Scottish phrase in a broad Birmingham accent. I was in stitches for some time after hearing that!
The Texan accent is definitely our stereotype accent lol. Or Southern accents in general.
A lot of people here imitate Irish and Scottish accents, very badly. Lol
Accents are interesting. There are a lot of regional accents and vernacular dialects here, and it seems like there are in every country!
I think another English accent that gets stereotyped in the media a lot is the Geordie one.

images (13).jpeg

There was this joke about a kid who watched a parent change a nappy on a baby brother and said, "Can't you just feed him evaporated milk powder? Then you'd only have to dust him off!"

Bottle of water. BOT UL OV WAR TUR. That's how I say it.

That's how it's said. Innit. You knaw what ah mean.Like, bruv, You havin me on like?

I talk very neutral, but I can play it up for comedic purposes. Go full British mode. I'm not like them, but I can pretend.

Tea in the microwave ??? is she insane????!!!? LOL

New Threads

Top Bottom