• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sexist terms

Can a misandrist forcibly make someone pregnant ,ask the misandrists of India, who makes female widows beggars on the street?, not even allowing them clothing, after they've spent a lifetime caring for their family, a clue the abuser isn't female!.

Haters of men and women exist likely in equal proportions. Hate against men is not as advertised as much, and it is accepted more, but I see it often. When one has/had poor parenting, selfish desires, certain conditions, and when extremes in society exist, hatred against all types of persons will occur. Whether abuse shows up as manipulation, exploitation, maltreatment, neglect, violence, cruelty, or other harm--through physical, mental, verbal, emotional, financial, sexual and spiritual ways-- it all is bad.

Look at mutilations against men in cultures even. Few talk about that. I do not see either gender as more the victim as who is to say what abuses are more lasting or harmful as I feel all will suffer from any type of abuse, and as much is not reported and accepted. I am sorry for all that were and are abused. For those who minimize the other gender's abuses against them, that is hatred and abuse in itself. So, whenever I see any on this forum or elsewhere minimize abuse against guys or women, I feel pity for those misguided souls.

Good point. Is it wrong to be happy with and even proud of the biological sex you were born as and to consider that your gender? Funny how the discussion involves the idea that everyone should be able to express who they are as they want to but literally removing gender pronouns from language would mean you're taking away a person's ability to refer to themselves as she/her or he/him, wouldn't it? I find all of this fascinating.
I don't thank anyone actually wants to remove gender pronouns from language Just revise how gender specific pronouns are used when gender isn't nesissary to identify.

Don’t care, never will.

I’m think all of that mess is silly and don’t care if someone is offended that I do not use their silly made-up pretend terms - they can kiss my grits!

Don’t care, there are so many important things in the world for me to be bothered by some immaturely acting self serving whinny person that is so self centered things like this are important?!

Totally do not care, I’ll call whomever what I wish (the old terms) and if they don’t like it then they can leave - don’t care about that either.

What I do care about is people suffering, what is happening to the people in Afghanistan, will there be food in the near future. This to me is important, the other stuff no.

With that, hope everyone, male and female, has a wonderful day!

Good point. Is it wrong to be happy with and even proud of the biological sex you were born as and to consider that your gender? Funny how the discussion involves the idea that everyone should be able to express who they are as they want to but literally removing gender pronouns from language would mean you're taking away a person's ability to refer to themselves as she/her or he/him, wouldn't it? I find all of this fascinating.

You're right. That is an interesting point.
I also find all of this fascinating. :)

tenor.gif
I am having an anxiety attack from all this confusion. I think I am too old for all this PC language. I think I will just have to be as respectful as I can, whilst making mistakes. :(

Last edited:
One of the aspects of this that can give me anxiety is that some people - strangers - get nasty if they overhear me use the words that my friend wants me to use. So, according to these judgemental arsenoles, now I’m wrong for addressing my friend as they want.

Last edited:
The mention of the words "master" and "slave" have been mentioned in this thread (in relation to computer programming). If mastery of a language isn't possible because the changes to it are continual then anyone who isn't in a position of claiming authority to make said changes is (or is expected to be) in a subservient role. Seems too convenient not to be by design.

Just quit singling out gender. Gender makes no difference.

It makes a personal difference to a great many people, but one should present publically without being identified and sorted by demographic information. It's only superficial stuff that can segregate people at first glance. Not worthy of manipulating people's paychecks for supuficial BS.

I am as girly/boyie as I want to be at home but in public, it's Nonya all the way. I always chose to not reveal anything whenever possible.

I am flying to NYC tomorrow and United wanted me to choose an honorarium. They offered all of the usual - but for the first time I got to choose 'Mx. Nonya'. I had never seen Mx. before :p

There will always be male chauvinists and male predators

Chauvinists and predators are not necessarily male.

Look (if you can bare it) at grislaine maxwell and her good budy melania, who eventually got her own bunch of young marks in that beauty pageant. That amy coney barrett, and her secrete religious cult, is cut from that cloth, too.

Much ado about nothing. Call people what they want to be called.

Absolutely!!

Last edited:
I honestly don't care one way or the other. I kind of like saying "Postman". It sounds so old fashioned. It doesn't put some kind of idea in my head that women can't do most of the things that men can do or vice versa.

I've known in my life female roadies and auto mechanics, and I've known male dancers and designers. And I've had quite a few friends who were trans or line blurers who did whatever.

And once they started calling girls and women "menstruators", dads "non birthing parents", and breastfeeding "chestfeeding", I got a little repulsed.

Do what you want, believe what you want, but don't expect everyone to bend over backwards for you, because in the end, most people don't care and just want to be left alone to live their lives.
"Sexist" is not the same as "gendered." Sexist only exists if there is intent to degrade, demean or discrinimate. People who are looking for reasons to be upset fail to understand this.

I get a bit repulsed too.

Reading this thread, I think this might not be the right forum for me. I'm surprised at the amount of transphobic people in this community, and the fact that no one is acting as of it's out of place. I feel very uncomfortable here now.

Reading this thread, I think this might not be the right forum for me. I'm surprised at the amount of transphobic people in this community, and the fact that no one is acting as of it's out of place. I feel very uncomfortable here now.

It’s called discussion.

I am flying to NYC tomorrow and United wanted me to choose an honorarium. They offered all of the usual - but for the first time I got to choose 'Mx. Nonya'. I had never seen Mx. before
What is Mx?
What is Nonya?

There are only two genders
A physical condition some are born with might constitute a third. Anatomically.
hermaphroditism, the condition of having both male and female reproductive organs. ... Affected individuals have sex chromosomes showing male-female mosaicism (where one individual possesses both the male XY and female XX chromosome pairs).

Yeah but the
A physical condition some are born with might constitute a third. Anatomically.
hermaphroditism, the condition of having both male and female reproductive organs. ... Affected individuals have sex chromosomes showing male-female mosaicism (where one individual possesses both the male XY and female XX chromosome pairs).
The attempt is being made to separate gender from biology. It is an uphill slog to force a redefinition of a word that is so fundamental to day-to-day life.

Biological sex has traditionally been how the word gender is defined in the English language. (At least we don't assign male and female genders to our words.) Though it can be seen used in Elizabethan English, the use of the word "gender" first became really common in the Victorian era. People were uncomfortable using the word "sex" when referring to one's biology because of the dual meaning of intercourse. And it continues to be used that way by most people. Hence "gender reveal" parties.

There are only two genders

Are you speaking out of religious ignorance, political fear, or simple stupidity?
  • God and the Holy spirit are made in the image of male & female (Genesis). Referring to God as "he" is an error of the patriarchy that Jesus corrected
  • Politics reflect just plain stubborn ignorance and is hate filled
  • Biology recognizes many variations, the five most common are are Turner syndrome (XO), Klinefelter syndrome (XXY), trisomy X (XXX), XYY, and XXYY
Regardless of your off topic nonsense, sexist terms represent systemic misogyny and is a tool of oppression. And it makes you look stupid.

The world has always been a harsh place for those who do not conform to the 68.2%. That this is an autism site, makes us all misfits regardless of our sexual orientation.

It does make me laugh when someone who is already an anomaly makes 'issues' out of other anomalies - the pot calling the kettle black. It is just someone reaching out of the barnyard muck to jerk the rest of us around.

If this scares you off, I do not know where you can hide.

Last edited:
I like to have my boundaries around me like a weighted blanket to assist my confidence in constructing a respectful address or response when out in public.

Perpetually shifting PC parameters blows my mind,
or at least, trying to assimilate every single one into scripts.

I await in anticipation for the group of individuals who no longer identify as human,
I'm definitely screwed when that happens !

I like to have my boundaries around me like a weighted blanket

I think all beings feel thus.

It is when someone tries weaponizing their blanket to invade another's space that is the problem.

Many people think that they are so right that it is their duty to invade other's spaces to force them into their idea of conformity. I worry less about PC terms than letting others know that I respect individual choices that do not interfere with mine.

I await in anticipation for the group of individuals who no longer identify as human,
I'm definitely screwed when that happens !

Well, you're already screwed, @Gracey :rolleyes:

I hang out more with species other than human and have long considered myself a spiritual being having an Earthly experience. My philosophy is inspired by Super Bros Mario. My spirituality is focused on the 4 Gospels. Humans are perceived as very limited, rather nasty pests that I am suppose to love regardless of their evilness.

New Threads

Top Bottom