• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sewing patterns

FlowerFlo

I started to hand sew and i made two good working patterns.
So here are there for anybody who wants to use them. I would love to see what you all create wiht them.
Second picture is my finshed result. Firat is the frog pattern and the bunny/cat one. I might make more but i dont know yet.
_20220123_105610.JPG

61851159b0e78d37905a5775d64e1578_l.jpg

This is so cute! Have you ever tried to crochet hoop skirts for them? It's really easy. You just chain stitch a hoop wide enough for the doll or teddy bear's waist, and then add two stitches for every stitch as you go back around and around until you reach the toy's ankles. Soon you'll have a flouncy ballgown fit for a teddy bear tea party with The Queen.

You can also make ballgowns by the same method, except you keep chaining around that same amount of stitches for the waist, until you have enough fabric to cover the toy from its underarms down to its hips. Then you start adding stitches using the above method for the skirt. Cinderella never looked finer at The Ball!

This is so cute! Have you ever tried to crochet hoop skirts for them? It's really easy. You just chain stitch a hoop wide enough for the doll or teddy bear's waist, and then add two stitches for every stitch as you go back around and around until you reach the toy's ankles. Soon you'll have a flouncy ballgown fit for a teddy bear tea party with The Queen.

You can also make ballgowns by the same method, except you keep chaining around that same amount of stitches for the waist, until you have enough fabric to cover the toy from its underarms down to its hips. Then you start adding stitches using the above method for the skirt. Cinderella never looked finer at The Ball!
Does that work for fashion dolls too?

I accutally never tried to crochet anything before and i didnt even thougts about it. But maybe i gone try it.

I started to hand sew and i made two good working patterns.
So here are there for anybody who wants to use them. I would love to see what you all create wiht them.
Second picture is my finshed result. Firat is the frog pattern and the bunny/cat one. I might make more but i dont know yet. View attachment 74305
View attachment 74303
I forgot that people actually design their own patterns, I thought it was going to be a mass-produced one, I'll get back to you with more thoughts when I'm in less pain

When my daughter was very little, and I was also very young, I used to enjoy making sock dolls for her.

I was very much into Waldorf style education, and almost all her toys were natural, made from wood or cloth, so I wanted to sew things like these for her. The black one has a merino wool face and scarf, which is very important in tactile play for small ones.

Here are a couple of her old dollies and a very basic pattern for sewing them.

They aren't so very fancy. I didn't quite know how to sew yet, and these were some of my first projects. But they were so very loved and cherished by my daughter over the years, as you can see by the wear.

You can also sew or knit little dresses or suits for them too. You can even cut them out of other decorative socks. That's lots of fun.

20220129_190843.jpg

20220129_190033.jpg

mFMqqYdQNvnbtH2J8

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom