• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seriously

got-autism-learn-link-dairy-products-disease
I distane at society yet again. Saw this posted on instagram glad to see it got negative feedback. Got Autism? Learn About the Link Between Dairy Products and the Disorder

Oh for the love of...

Will these anti-Autism wackos blame anything for Autism? :rolleyes:

I must admit that the article is poorly worded. Nowhere does the article claim that dairy products cause autism, but it ought to be rewritten such that it does not come so close to implying that.

I've read many threads on this site which discuss comorbid conditions and how they can worsen the effects that being on the spectrum has on us. About a year and a half ago I was advised to quit consuming dairy products to alleviate one symptom in particular, and I was amazed at the number of symptoms that disappeared and the wide range of ill effects that dairy products were apparently having on me. Depression was a big one, and one that is often cited here as working alongside autism to make many of our lives worse.

The article seems aimed at the behaviour of children in particular, nowhere does it specify that the behaviour of adults is being discussed. A great many things can contribute to negative behaviour in children, and given that the negative behaviour is our primary concern reducing or eliminating ANY cause of negative behaviour will tend to have a positive impact on behaviour in general, thus reducing the negative behavioural impact of the remaining 'causes of negative behaviour'.

Keep in mind that (it seems to me) what adults typically want out of children is for them to sit quietly during class and not be disruptive - sedatives which impede the child's cognitive ability are seen as 'curing' the child since he no longer gets kicked out of class. From such a narrow perspective it's easy to link possible negative effects of dairy consumption with an autistic child's disruptive classroom behaviour. "...dairy products may worsen this condition..." is ridiculous if you take it to mean that the child is more autistic, but it makes sense if you define autism as poor social behaviour, if you define 'fixing autism' as getting the child to sit still and be quiet - much as they want to 'fix ADD', etc.

^When I was in school we had two recesses, a long one after lunch and a shorter one later in the day, so there was plenty of time to get your energy out. Nowadays kids get a dinkly little recess, it's no wonder so many are having trouble sitting in class. Kids are energetic little creatures, they need time to let their energy out, they are simply not built to sit still for hours on end.

^When I was in school we had two recesses, a long one after lunch and a shorter one later in the day, so there was plenty of time to get your energy out. Nowadays kids get a dinkly little recess, it's no wonder so many are having trouble sitting in class. Kids are energetic little creatures, they need time to let their energy out, they are simply not built to sit still for hours on end.
I don't think adults are either. I do so much better with a 30 minute break at college than I did 15 minutes at school.

New Threads

Top Bottom