• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sentence with Misspelled Word Game

NDR2

I’ve been playing the Misspelling Game here, and I’ve created a variation of it, the Sentence with a Misspelled Word Game. The way it’s played is that the first person puts down a sentence or phrase with one misspelled word in it, and the next person puts down the correct spelling of the word. For instance, one person could put down, “Kep off the grass,” and the next person would put down, “Keep.” (No need to repeat the whole sentence.) Then they put down a sentence or phrase of their own. (Note that some sentences may consist entirely of real words with correct spellings, but a certain word may have the wrong spelling (or be the wrong word) in that particular context. Like if the sentence was, “Come over hear,” the correct answer would be, “Here.”) So be creative, good luck, and have fun.

I’ll start the game:

I know my height, but not my wait.

Weight

It just occurred to me that occasionally there will be an occurrence where a person will get embarrassed with their improper use of grammar; mistakes caused not necessarily due to ignorance but apparently sometimes do to some random typographical error from some impatience, visual problem, limited concentration or some substandard or hurried typing skill which coincidentally shows at the least opportunistic of times on occasion some bad judgment.

Cut

I am not doing much on Monday and Wednesday but tomorrow I will accumulate some paraphernalia and bring my bird book and go to the ocean as the sun rises and I read all about hoatzin, shoebill, smew, bananaquet, maleo and ornithology.

believe

(Both of the sentences I wrote are direct quotes from clients' communications to me back when I practiced law. I could write a book about humorous things clients told or wrote to me over the decades. Here's another one, straight from a former client):

The decedent's last known address is Maple Hill Cemmetary.

New Threads

Top Bottom