• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think I'm autistic?

• Total voters
Yeah I've tried that it hasnt worked well but I can try it again

It will take more than one try.
It will take trying, every day, every time you see it.
And sometimes....when you don't see it.

Also, saying to yourself, this is nothing that I need to worry about.

It will take more than one try.
It will take trying, every day, every time you see it.
And sometimes....when you don't see it.

Also, saying to yourself, this is nothing that I need to worry about.
I could but I'm unlikely to remember

I either say when I tell myself that their always is or what if there is. It could be a PTSD trigger to but I'm not sure

Thank you, that's very helpful!

In that case, yes, I think you're autistic, OP. The chances that you're not seem very low. I'm sorry it took so long to be detected. It sounds like it was clear you needed intervention throughout all your schooling but were ignored.
Thank you Fino. I had to learn about the condition very quickly, so this is very new to intake. I feel that even the doctor wouldn't know it was well as some of you guys would; even though we're all very different.

Rocking, hand flapping and that sort
I used to rock when I had what felt like panic attacks, meltdown, shutdown. They usually happened at night, and I got comfort in rocking and repeating the word "help" the remainder of the night. My parents used to hate it because it would keep them up. Sometimes I would use "help me Lord, please help" in those exact words each time. I always done it in perfect rythm like music. If I got out of rythm, I sometimes felt worse, and had to fix it. Is that what you are referring to? It was voluntary, but felt necessary.

New Threads

Top Bottom