• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Scented favourites

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
If you like sensory then what kind of scented things do you like to use for a hit of sweet scents
I like soy candles, I like natural ones. Bone of my favourites is called lime mandarin or something. I do not like food smells as well.
I like scented stickers or sometimes you can get scented toys
I liked scented markers or pens sometimes
I like the smell of flowers but pollen can overwhelm me.
I like the smell of rain and outside smells.
And freshly washed clothes and sheets
And when you smell clean when you come out from the shower

Except for food smells almost everything you mentioned here is abhorrent to me. I hate washing my hair because I can't stand the smell of the shampoo. I avoid public transport because too many people (mostly young men these days) wear so much perfume that it chokes me.

I hold my breath and run past department stores that have large displays of cosmetics near the main entrance because of the stench. I also avoid any store that is using a scented oil burner. I use a bare minimum of laundry detergent when washing my clothes. I use very little personal deodorant when I have to, but only if I have to.

Thinking about scents, I tend to associate scents with places . . . like once I deplaned in Jakarta, the scent of clove cigarettes reminded me that I was in Indonesia.

New Threads

Top Bottom