• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Santa?

Did you believe in Santa?

• I did

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Never

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I still do

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I never believed in Santa, but that’s because when I was a kid, Santa was not a part of Christmas in my country.

We did celebrate St Nicholas’ birthday on the 5th of December. I believed he brought us gifts until I was 5 years old.

Btw NORAD has been tracking Santa every Christmas Eve for 60 years.

msdf5n07wy4g.gif

I did until 2nd grade.

My first encounter with a Mall Santa exhibit was when I was still a baby that had to crawl up to a stage
where Santa sit on a large purple throne with elves beside him.
That was in Avondale, AZ.
I didn't know what this Santa person was. I only knew I was squirming to get to him.
My parents finally sit me at the bottom of those red carpeted stairs and I started crawling up them.
The crowd went wild and taking photos.
Maybe I thought it was God sitting on his throne. I don't know.

Then it was sadly ruined in 2nd grade when my parents couldn't afford presents and I
didn't understand why the tree was bare. Mom blurted out, "There is NO Santa. It's just us that
got the gifts and this year we couldn't afford any."

Shot through the heart! :cry:

I just remember not being upset at all when I figured out Santa wasn’t real. I was sort of odd in that way. Several things that would make most kids upset and cry such as Bambi’s mom being killed didn’t even bother me when I was a kid. Yet being unable to get past certain points in a Mario game would make me have a crying fit for ten minutes. I thought Christmas was just about getting presents at that age as I wasn’t taught anything about Christianity until I was ten as my family were non practicing Buddhists (except Grandma) and we only did the whole Christmas thing because my dad thought that was the American way and wanted my sister and me to be like all of our friends. It was the same for Thanksgiving but we were taught the significance of the holiday in elementary school so we had some basic knowledge and history of that holiday. The one thing I did want to happen after I discovered Santa was not real to prove me wrong was for all of the gifts Santa brought me be hidden around the house sort of like Easter eggs. In my mind that would not only prove that he was real but I also thought it’d be a fun and different way of opening presents instead of them being stacked under the tree. I mean how much fun would it be to do a Christmas present hunt and find a wrapped gift in the closet and two underneath your bed as a kid?

New Threads

Top Bottom