• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Santa?

Did you believe in Santa?

• I did

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Never

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I still do

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Yes, but sadly, the Martians came for him a long time ago. I think Walmart or Kraft Foods took over the business.

robot.jpg

;)

Since Christmas is coming I was wondering if anyone believed (or still believes) in Santa Claus.
Me! And you can’t tell me otherwise. And yes, the original animated Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Boris Karloff) is still the best.

Christmas eve for us in the 50s was a family get together at my grandparent's house with my grandmother cooking a great Polish meal Then there would be news flashes on the radio (one of the adults, I figured out had a mike feed into the radio, but where and who I never figured out) about where Santa was, then us children were hustled downstairs soon followed by Santa, who gave us presents. As we were distracted, the adults would go upstairs and played poker. One of the first gifts we got were hockey skates, and as we grew we would get new pairs. That side of my family is Canadian.

I believed until I overheard kids at school talking about him not being real sometime around 2nd or 3rd grade.

I believed until I overheard kids at school talking about him not being real sometime around 2nd or 3rd grade.
Other kids ruined it for me too! In foster care :(
I would like to still believe in Santa. I think my parents would also like me to. I’m in my late 20s. :sweatsmile:

Other kids ruined it for me too! In foster care :(
I would like to still believe in Santa. I think my parents would also like me to. I’m in my late 20s. :sweatsmile:
I really, really want to believe too.
"When you wish upon a star, it doesn't matter who you are. Whaen you wish upon a star your dreams come true..."

Never, and no one ever tried to sell me that story as being real. It was always clear that parents brought the presents from the shops, and Santa was a dressed up adult whom children's parents paid and then the children queued up to visit, and who appeared in TV commercials.

I know there is the feast of st Nicholas(Bishop Nicholas of Bari (turkey)) 5th December in the r.catholic\eastern ?\greek ?orthodox church, then there's saturnalia 25th December and Yeshua was born, September to October (feast of tabernacles) and the business world ,strung it out, to 24\25 th December ,to get more money.

I stopped believing in Santa when I was eight because I saw the name of a guy in this book of holidays that also had a small section for every month that listed some famous people born every day of the year and what they are known for and one of the days said that a man created the modern idea of Santa. I looked at that and I simply thought, “Santa isn’t real? Oh well.” It didn’t even phase me. I pretended to believe in Santa for a few more years to get extra presents. Don’t judge me for that because I was a kid and this was before I learned about the religious aspects of Christmas and what the holiday was really celebrating.

I really, really want to believe too.
"When you wish upon a star, it doesn't matter who you are. Whaen you wish upon a star your dreams come true..."
Like that song. The best rendition I've heard is on a strange album called Stay Awake, produced by Hal Wilner. Ringo did that song as the close. Some quirky renditions of Disney tunes from amazing artists. Everything from Ken Nordine's word jazz to Bonnie Rait doing Baby Mine, and Sun Ra and his Arkestra's version of Pink Elephants on Parade. For me the amazing piece is Tom Wait's Heigh Ho, but Buster Pointdexter and the Banshees of Blue singing Castle in Spain is a delight to hear. You will never think of Disney tunes as fluff after a listen to this album.

I belived in santa i think, but he wasnt the one who gave us the presents. Instead the cristkind(which is a german tradition i belive) dropped them of. Whe also had the birthday fairy which was the one who dropped our birthday presents of.

I belived in santa i think, but he wasnt the one who gave us the presents. Instead the cristkind(which is a german tradition i belive) dropped them of. Whe also had the birthday fairy which was the one who dropped our birthday presents of.
Santa Claus or Saint Nicholas on the 5th December?

New Threads

Top Bottom