• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Running a high temperature.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
101.4, actually.

And my boss is expecting me in the office eight hours from now since I need to debug the work data system.

This could not have happened at a worse time.

I'd become familar with Covid symptoms, if you are not already. And get tested if it looks at all like it. Personnal safety and the safety of others in your workplace have to come first.

I'm sorry this has happened and hope you feel better, very soon.

I agree with what Tom mentioned.

Well, I told my boss about my fever and I asked if I should still come in. She thinks that I should stay out of the office for now. I feel kinda bad about this since I know I need to get things done there that cannot be done remotely.

Don't feel bad about it, even pre-Covid if you were feeling quite ill the best thing to do is staying home, even when there is an important task... Why most companies have allowance for sick days...

Oh no! I hope it’s not a heat stroke in progress! :eek: I hope you have enough water handy to drink. Best wishes, brother!

I know the feeling. :eek:

Two weeks ago I was running 102f. Had every omicron symptom except a sore throat. Two days later my fever broke and never returned. Got through it all after about ten days. Of course I was triple-vaccinated...which might account for why my fever went off a cliff so quickly compared to other bouts of the flu over the years.

Yep, self-isolate for now. Hope you get better as soon as I did.

Kagamine - I hate to hear that you're sick. Please stay home and take care of yourself.

Judge - it sounds like you had omicron. I'm glad you've recovered fully.

My best friend since we were in the first grade together, in her late 60's and a survivor of 4 heart attacks, was diagnosed with omicron two days after Christmas. She lives alone, was very sick, and has no one to help her. I cooked hot food for her every day, drove the mile to her house, put the food on an outdoor table by her side door, and stepped back 20 feet in her yard to talk to her and try to assess whether she was okay or needed further help. It is awful to be alone when you are sick and don't feel like cooking. She has recovered and is cooking lunch for me today. Old friends help each other.

Hope you are feeling as ok as possible, I never want to be off sick either but sometimes it happens, we didn't choose it. Look after yourself, you can debug the system another day, or she can get someone else, maybe.

Hope you are feeling as ok as possible, I never want to be off sick either but sometimes it happens, we didn't choose it. Look after yourself, you can debug the system another day, or she can get someone else, maybe.

It would be difficult for her to find somebody else to debug the system that I personally built for my employer. I kinda am an important employee there.

It would be difficult for her to find somebody else to debug the system that I personally built for my employer. I kinda am an important employee there.

I know what you mean, but with Omicron right now we all have to be careful... It's the same story of what if you had a bad fall or illness and had to stay in the hospital, I mean pre-Covid... It just happens sometimes, don't worry about it :)

Perfect time, once you feel better, to train someone to help for emergencies.
True, but my employer only has six employees, and I am the only guy there remotely qualified for the info tech job. The joys of working for a small nonprofit org.

I'd become familar with Covid symptoms, if you are not already. And get tested if it looks at all like it. Personnal safety and the safety of others in your workplace have to come first.

Glad you told her. You're pretty much obligated to report Covid symptoms at this point, though a lot of people don't, and then a lot of people get sick.

Take care of yourself!

Glad you told her. You're pretty much obligated to report Covid symptoms at this point, though a lot of people don't, and then a lot of people get sick.

Take care of yourself!

101.4, actually.

And my boss is expecting me in the office eight hours from now since I need to debug the work data system.

This could not have happened at a worse time.
No. I would be getting a medical certificate, and making sure you are not Covid infected to be honest. Work is going to have to wait. I am amazed your boss is not thinking about anyone else, in this situation.

Meh, I do not want to get out of bed today. Coughing up a storm. Still have the temperature. Posting this from my phone on my bed. Drinking plenty of fluids. A part of me wants to move over to my reclining chair so I can watch some Golden Girls on Hulu to try to cheer myself up a little, another part of me wants to stay under my nice warm comforter on my bed.

Meh, I do not want to get out of bed today. Coughing up a storm. Still have the temperature. Posting this from my phone on my bed. Drinking plenty of fluids. A part of me wants to move over to my reclining chair so I can watch some Golden Girls on Hulu to try to cheer myself up a little, another part of me wants to stay under my nice warm comforter on my bed.

Hopefully that temperature will abruptly break for good at some point, as it happened in my own case only two weeks ago. Yeah, where I spent all my time in the recliner in front of my tv set. Not much else I could do.

New Threads

Top Bottom