• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Routines

Cyanide Lollipop

At work I'm really well organised and have routines. I am good at meeting deadlines and others view me as reliable and dependable. But I have some OCD associated with one of my work tasks which causes quite a lot of stress and I often get agitated when I am frequently interrupted whilst doing something. At home I'm just the opposite - extremely disorganised and readily distracted from household tasks because I would rather be pursuing my interests. Is anyone else like this?

I've thought about trying to establish some routines at home to keep on top of everything but part of me is worried about creating more frustrations if those routines get interrupted or if I "go all OCD" at home. Should I be concerned? Am I inviting trouble by trying to establish routines?

At home I'm just the opposite - extremely disorganised and readily distracted from household tasks because I would rather be pursuing my interests. Is anyone else like this?

I've thought about trying to establish some routines at home to keep on top of everything but part of me is worried about creating more frustrations if those routines get interrupted or if I "go all OCD" at home. Should I be concerned? Am I inviting trouble by trying to establish routines?
If there's no one in your household annoyed at your messiness, there's nothing wrong with being "disorganized" and giving last place to household tasks.
You should see the state of my room!
But i keep the kitchen clean for the sake of family members.
if i lived alone, that would be messy, too.

I don't really like it to be messy and I am sometimes embarrassed when friends visit. I get very frustrated when I achieve next to nothing with my time at home because I couldn't/didn't focus on getting the job done.

Yeah am like that to i need to keep challenging myself all the time . But i feel i dont get anywere and that really stresses me

At home I kind of have a routine and I like to get certain things done by certain times. Its frustrating to me if I can't meet my own personal deadlines and I wind up sometimes stressing out way too much about it. From my experience I think its good to have these "at home deadlines" but not to get too uptight about them because then there is no room for spontaneous fun, it becomes kind of robotic and stressful at the same time.

I don't have much of a routine at work. The last few days it has just been to kill time "researching" SharePoint because me and another guy will be the admins. They don't have enough real work to go around, so I end up with this.

At home, I more or less have a routine. It is largely dictated by what is on TV as a time-management tool. I will work on stuff, including outside projects, until 7 when TBBT comes on, and then get dinner, and then I will fiddle around with the computer, maybe work on a programming project until I go to sleep. On the weekends it is more loose, but I generally have an idea of what I need to get done and when to have it done by depending on what is on TV at what time.

It sounds like I watch a lot of TV, but I usually don't pay much attention to it. It is just a way of solidifying a time as an actual occurrence, otherwise I will just forget the concept of time exists and either focus on what I'm doing to the point of obsession, or put it off indefinitely.

Yeah, my room it's so messy because I don't like to clean up, fortunately I don't live alone. I love to organise things, but not things in my room. I put the stuff in a specific position and that's it.

I love and need the routine. I have my chart and all with images (made by me lol) to help me trough the day like: Wake up, Go to School, Lunch, Go to English Classes, Do Homework, Relax, Dinner and Sleep. I get really stressed when something changes, like when my mom wants to be in a mall suddenly a Saturday and she don't warn me where and when and why and that stuff.

New Threads

Top Bottom