• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above, but that is not what Dr. Thurman passed on to me. Rather, that there is a recent, yet-to-be-determined environmental toxin that NTs are immune to which we are not. It permanently injures many ASD1s into 2s or 3s. It cannot be reversed by dietary adjustments.

Even the title of her book contradicts that. (She is a 2e expert in Colorado.)
- The Autism Revolution it's on this website. It is continuously stated that a change in environmental factors can make autism symptoms "fade", "turn around" or "healed". Maybe it's not stated to cure it, but they seem to imply it with misleading language.

- The Autism Revolution it's on this website. It is continuously stated that a change in environmental factors can make autism symptoms "fade", "turn around" or "healed". Maybe it's not stated to cure it, but they seem to imply it with misleading language.
Here is a quote from her biography page,
"Her research interests regarding addressing autism and neurodevelopmental disorders have evolved to viewing them and various other chronic brain conditions as dynamic encephalopathies” (that can change) rather than taking for granted the unproven assumption that they are “static encephalopathies” (i.e., fixed for life). This involves looking at how environmental exposures and vulnerability affect brain and body health and function all the way from preconception to the end of the lifespan, rather than simply locking in fixed diagnoses before birth – and about how reducing environmental stressors and increasing supports can help expand potential, often greatly..."

That is not a "dietary cure" and it endorses ASD2/3 = ASD1 + pronounced [co-morbid] encephalopathies. I believe that such reversibility is rare, however. Temple Grandin would be a good example. And she is still autistic.

Last edited:
I am merely seeking to find out the views of the community, as an individual rather than a "researcher”
So, choose a name. Come hang out with us. I still don’t know you. Your name makes you look like all the other researchers that come here unethically gathering data.

You seem nice. Thank you for understanding my distrust. Don’t worry, I don’t trust anybody.

Edit: And you’re doing great – responding directly to everybody here. It’s amazing. But I still don’t want the others to come. Just you.

Last edited:
So, choose a name. Come hang out with us.
How about "DancesWithNeurds...?"
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom