• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Remembrance Day tomorrow... Which ceremony to attend?

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
There is a back story to this, in a city of over one million there are several options for a Remembrance Day ceremony, but because I photograph it has to be an outdoor one, and I have most often gone to one at our downtown cenotaph which is quite regimental (in terms of soldiers in uniform, etc...)

One that has been on my radar for many years is a ceremony close to a spot where a Great War training camp was, I have often thought of attending it... I asked a friend of mine - who is a veteran - and attended it... She told me that it isn't very regimental, likely meaning less people in uniform

The one thing that has always held me back? What if I don't get any good photos from it, because it's less regimental, perhaps because as many of you know I push myself rather hard, once again - it's not my job to take these photos, simply a passion... I don't have to get anything, yet I want at least one really good photo every year for Remembrance Day, and what if I fail in that... But then maybe I need to take a risk, be curious, and explore more too, something different...

It depends a bit on what you want to focus on.
The regimental aspect or the human aspect - people don a uniform in order to identify themselves and be identified. People are people, and even in civvies - their respect for and homage to those who fell is valid - surely?

It depends a bit on what you want to focus on.
The regimental aspect or the human aspect - people don a uniform in order to identify themselves and be identified. People are people, and even in civvies - their respect for and homage to those who fell is valid - surely?

Yup... Just home, with 180 photos to sort through, and decide which ones to edit...

My day didn't quite go as I thought it would, but I'm busy in quick edit mode right now...

313442330_492273356262431_7321213176275339315_n.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom