• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Religion and Meltdowns

OkRad

μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην
V.I.P Member
I am just wondering how you all deal with meltdowns if you have faith.

I became religious , seriously, at 14. I was very dedicated. The horrors of meltdowns and also the incessant troubles hurt my faith so bad.

I felt so guilty. AND I wondered why would not God help me stop doing what He did not want me to do?

I wont make this long. I am still in my faith, but I have a bad time of it. Older now, so I know people of my failth who killed themselves at the same struggles.
People in the church do not accept or understand these things.

At my brother's funeral I almost lost it on the church people where my mom goes to church. I don't even remember why I got upset, I think I went somewhere to get some self time and convinced my mom that it was time to leave.

People in the church do not accept or understand these things.
That's true much too often, unfortunately. I think there's a place for us in the Church somewhere. God made Aspies, too, and loves us. He will point us in the direction of fellow disciples who understand us and accept us, meltdowns and all. Pray for that and be patient. He will answer you in His time.

Praying to god in my childhood did not stop the very bad things happening to me in my home, by my mother. Praying to god did not stop the rape, nor other abuse I endured. If god cannot listen to little praying children, who go to church and Sunday school weekly, what good is god?

OkRad

Paul said that he could do all things through Christ strengthens him and if he could then so can we. The way to gain this victory however is not taught much today. There is a pathway to holiness which will make you free if you submit yourself entirely to Christ.

Mary Anne l can understand your anger and bitterness. However, God does not stop others from sinning. He gives us free will. He does however provide the means for victims, and l was one too, for healing and He always brings good out of bad.

Mary Anne l can understand your anger and bitterness. However, God does not stop others from sinning. He gives us free will. He does however provide the means for victims, and l was one too, for healing and He always brings good out of bad.

Ok, but there is no god. God never listened to this little girl for the decades starting at age 5, to stop all the bad things happening to her at home by the hand of an abusive mother. I went to church and Sunday school weekly. I read the Bible. I read of others religious doctrines in high school. I believed and believed, until I not longer did.

God does not stop all the heinious abuse of tiny helpless children all over the world. That is a god I do not want to love or understand any longer.
God has nothing to do with biology like autism, or mental illness, or cancer, or suicide, or anything else.

It is a tough one l know. If God interfered with man's will then no_one could have free will. I have had to overcome the same thoughts. However once you have a living encounter with Christ, you cannot doubt.

It is a tough one l know. If God interfered with man's will then no_one could have free will. I have had to overcome the same thoughts. However once you have a living encounter with Christ, you cannot doubt.

Could you please describe your “living encounter with Christ?”

Religious people are a poor representation of religion. Churches, temples, and mosques are full of ignorant and hypocritical people. Just think about why you go to join them in their worship activity. Do you benefit from it? Do others benefit from your presence? Does your God or your Church need you to be there?

I became religious , seriously, at 14. I was very dedicated. The horrors of meltdowns and also the incessant troubles hurt my faith so bad.

I felt so guilty. AND I wondered why would not God help me stop doing what He did not want me to do?

I wont make this long. I am still in my faith, but I have a bad time of it.

Do you believe that God made you, flaws and all? I suppose those who judge you are perfect? "Let the one among you who is without sin throw the first stone."

But ignorant judgement aside, I believe in a God who is perfect in justice, and it would be unjust to judge a person for things outside their control. It isn't a sin anyway if you can't help it. It is better socially to try to avoid public meltdowns, but not a sin.

Could you please describe your “living encounter with Christ?”

It leaves one with an unassailable belief that He does exist as much as you know people exist with the results of His presence with you forever after. He just filled my room and showed me that Jesus had died for me personally. I cannot describe His presence in words as it was beyond them but if it has happened then you understand. Unless anyone has met with Christ in this way, and is just going by what others have said, or what they have read, then no wonder they find it hard to believe.

It leaves one with an unassailable belief that He does exist as much as you know people exist with the results of His presence with you forever after. He just filled my room and showed me that Jesus had died for me personally. I cannot describe His presence in words as it was beyond them but if it has happened then you understand. Unless anyone has met with Christ in this way, and is just going by what others have said, or what they have read, then no wonder they find it hard to believe.
Was your spiritual awakening after you did something (like meditate in prayer for hours) or had something happen to you? We’re you alone? Asleep? Or did it happen while washing dishes or watching tv? Just trying to understand.

It happened at 9 pm on 23rd September 1973. I had been searching for the truth and looking at different religions (my parents were atheists) l met a Christian couple for the first time at age of 23 who let me borrow their books and found that Christianity said there was only one way to find God - through Jesus so l asked God to show me the truth.

It happened at 9 pm on 23rd September 1973. I had been searching for the truth and looking at different religions (my parents were atheists) l met a Christian couple for the first time at age of 23 who let me borrow their books and found that Christianity said there was only one way to find God - through Jesus so l asked God to show me the truth.

I have no words. Thank you.

I'm not Religious at all.

Apart from Weddings, Christenings and Funerals I've been to Church about 4 times in my life, if that.

However, I do go "Jesus H Christ!" when stuff goes wrong, as it frequently does.

You should have started with that. The OP posted:

"I am just wondering how you all deal with meltdowns if you have faith."

It’s all too easy to get off track with this sort of topic. (As many people do on any of these aspie forums). Actually, I have loads of words, but I will keep ‘em to myself.

By the way, one CAN have faith, and not expect god to “remove” their melt downs. The two have nothing to do with each other.

New Threads

Top Bottom