• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recommended for you?

Mia

V.I.P Member
I noticed the recommended for me videos on the right side:

Narcissist, Sociopath or Psychopath, How to recognize them.
One hundred pushups a day challenge, losing my belly pooch.
Recurring toilet ring, top three solutions tested.
USA water polo, a day with the navy SEALS.

What has been recommended for you by youtube?

Found out recently that there are hundreds of free full-length movies on youtube. (Free Movies at Youtube) Some are good, others are as one reviewer stated: No one should have to pay to see this movie: 'The Last Starfighter' which I watched and liked.

Last edited:
I once got a recommendation for a channel dedicated to "baking, babies, health and fashion." I can hardly think of four topics that interest me less than those. It puzzles me to this day.

Someone was previously searching for these types of things on your computer. Maybe your partner wants to propose and have kids one day. :D
Hehe, that would be possible if others used my pc, but I’m the sole user :) I guess it’s mostly ads targeted for my gender and age group.

I'm annoyed by the recommendations for fighting /boxing videos, complete with disturbing image of bloody violence. :confused: Also football and cars.
I have never clicked on anything like this. :eek:
I think one of their algorithms has decided I'm male and someone has decided that of course all males enjoy fighting and cars and football. :rolleyes:

Fun fact: henceforth, on YouTube, whenever I see a recommended video with a thumbnail containing a person who exaggerates some reaction, there is a strict 100% chance that I will NOT watch the video. For example:
maxresdefault.jpg

My brain: Ugh, typical attention-seeking garbage... Congratulations, you're boisterous. Go reel in some shallow people.

From avclub.com: "Now, nearly every thumbnail features somebody looking cartoonishly shocked, disgusted, or furious at whatever is going in the video. It’s only after you click it that you realize you’re in for a 15-minute build up to a uninteresting payoff."

New Threads

Top Bottom