• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reading things you don't understand

How do you go about reading it?
Many English technical words originate in the Greek. Whenever I want to coin a new word along those lines, I Bing-translate the English word to Greek. Much of the time, I can read them without reviewing the Greek alphabet. (I have a similar sense of Latin-based words.)

I am not fluent enough in either language to process sentences.

As a kid I was good at reading out loud, and at the religious school I was often asked to read religious poems and other things out loud even though I had no clue as to understanding what they were all about. You gotta love how little kids are "taught" to say religious and/or political things in schools or churches when they have no idea what any of it means, and if the adults try and explain it just confuses them even more.

As a kid I was good at reading out loud, and at the religious school I was often asked to read religious poems and other things out loud even though I had no clue as to understanding what they were all about. You gotta love how little kids are "taught" to say religious and/or political things in schools or churches when they have no idea what any of it means, and if the adults try and explain it just confuses them even more.

I went to a friend's church once where we had to memorize Bible quotes and they keep score and you get candy and prizes for memorizing the most LOL First I thought it was stupid then I thought it was stupid and fun, and also candy!

New Threads

Top Bottom