• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Re-discovering" an old hobby: writing.

Jorg

So, I just (re)started to (re)discover an old hobby of mine, something I have forgotten for like 20 years. Since I was a kid of maybe 6 or 7yo I always liked to read, I still have a couple of my firsts books I read. I also was "kinda good" or fluid when I had to write stories in school (I think in USA is called primary school idk), anyway, for some reason or maybe because all the education process in my country was more like a memorization excersice than anything, and because for the last 10 years I have been studiyng engineering, writing reports based on numbers and limited length I just forgot that activity.

I don't know why, but for some reason for the last week I have felt like a re-birth in inspiration, a lot of ideas for stories or novels. Today I began to write a story about a guy in the 1400s-1500s who travels to Florence to become Da Vinci's apprenttice, so far I wrote like 8 pages and still have a lot of ideas to go.

It really feels peacefull and somewhat rewarding to write stuff, even more, Im not writing on my computer, I'm using pencil and paper.

I have been writing for a few years. OnOa few different story ideas tryingtnto stay original. Gave up on pencil and paper because of space concerns. And the fact you need to store paper somewhere!! So went with a computer that just happen to have Microsoft word already installed.

Little advice if you want it. Good music helps.

Also your story intrigues me. And yes it does fell good to write.

i like to write but i am often distracted, now that the age of the phone is here. I have one story that ive been forever working on, rewriting and rewriting, but i guess i am a perfectionist, and hate it. but i want to at least publish it one day, just to say i finished it.

i like to write but i am often distracted, now that the age of the phone is here. I have one story that ive been forever working on, rewriting and rewriting, but i guess i am a perfectionist, and hate it. but i want to at least publish it one day, just to say i finished it.

Like I said music helps. Plus sometimes you need to think over your story or acquire new inspiration.

It took me over 60 years to find out that I could enjoy writing for pleasure. Previously, it had been scientific reports that had to be done for work, usually under time pressure. I still adopt a scientific approach by using bullet points to arrange my thoughts in order. I can then lose myself in the writing, usually with music in the background, as it feels like just joining up the dots.

New Threads

Top Bottom