• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rain frog chubs! Anyone owns these little guys?? I'm intrigued!

Arsinoe

rainfrog.jpg
rainfrog2.jpg

Kay does anyone own these lil things? I just discovered them today and since I'm a little obsessed with little animals (I own a hamster) I'm already intrigued! They are unique lil things who require specific care from what I see on the videos too and they are INSANELY cute. Look at these chubbies ^^ The SMOLNESS, the CHUBCHUBNESS and their inexcusably magnificent roundness!

Frogs like these are very cute.

Though my mind is going to the frog that does that high pitch squeaking.

Rain frog care requires providing a suitable habitat with proper temperature, humidity, and substrate, as well as a diet of live insects and regular cleaning. Rain frogs are small, nocturnal amphibians native to tropical regions and require a moist environment to thrive.

Their enclosure should be well-ventilated and lined with a substrate like sphagnum moss or coconut fiber to retain moisture. Temperature should be maintained between 70-80°F, and humidity levels of 60-80% are essential for rain frog health. Feeding rain frogs a variety of small, live insects helps meet their dietary needs, and their enclosure should be cleaned regularly to prevent the buildup of waste and bacteria.

Keeping rain frogs in a stress-free and suitable environment promotes their overall well-being. Rain frogs, small nocturnal amphibians native to tropical regions, require specific care to ensure their health and well-being. An appropriate habitat with the right temperature, humidity, substrate, and diet are crucial factors in maintaining rain frog’s optimal conditions. This SEO-friendly guide will provide you with essential information and recommendations on how to care for rain frogs, allowing them to thrive in captivity. So, if you are considering keeping rain frogs as pets, read on to learn about the key aspects of rain frog care, from creating a suitable habitat to providing a proper diet and maintaining hygiene in their enclosure.

Understanding Rain Frogs​

Rain frogs are fascinating creatures known for their unique characteristics and behavior. These small amphibians, typically found in regions with high rainfall, have adapted to survive in their wet habitats. Rain frogs possess specialized skin that helps them absorb moisture from their surroundings.

They also have a unique defensive mechanism, puffing up their bodies to appear larger when threatened. Furthermore, rain frogs showcase a variety of vibrant colors and patterns, making them visually captivating. However, despite their intriguing nature, rain frogs face significant conservation challenges due to habitat loss and pollution.

Protecting these frogs is crucial for maintaining the delicate balance of ecosystems and preserving biodiversity. By understanding rain frog characteristics and behavior, we can work towards conserving these remarkable creatures and ensuring their survival for future generations.

Creating A Suitable Habitat​

Creating a suitable habitat for rain frogs involves choosing the right enclosure. The enclosure should have proper substrate and maintain a suitable temperature. Provide a humid environment to mimic the frog’s natural habitat. This will help the rain frog thrive and stay healthy.

Remember to regularly monitor and adjust the temperature and humidity levels as needed.

Feeding And Hydration​

Rain frogs require a recommended diet for their feeding and hydration needs. To ensure their well-being, it is important to establish a regular feeding schedule. This can be done by offering a variety of food options such as insects, worms, and small invertebrates.

Additionally, it is crucial to provide a clean and shallow water source for rain frogs to stay hydrated. By misting their enclosure or using a water dish, you can ensure they have access to fresh water. Careful attention to their feeding and hydration is vital for the health and longevity of rain frogs.

Maintaining Optimal Health​

Maintaining optimal health for your rain frog involves regular cleaning and sanitization. This helps prevent the build-up of harmful bacteria and ensures a safe environment for your pet. Additionally, it is important to recognize signs of illness early on. This includes changes in appetite, behavior, or appearance.

If you notice any concerning symptoms, it is crucial to consult a veterinarian who specializes in exotic pets. They can provide specialized care and treatment tailored to your rain frog’s needs. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your rain frog remains happy and healthy in their habitat.

Remember to consistently monitor their well-being and seek professional help when necessary.

Handling And Enrichment​

Rain frog care involves safe handling techniques, ensuring the well-being of these unique amphibians. Gentle and precautionary actions should be taken when holding rain frogs to prevent stress or injury. Environmental enrichment is crucial for rain frog health and happiness.

Creating a stimulating habitat with plants, hiding spots, and appropriate lighting encourages natural behaviors and keeps rain frogs engaged. Manipulating the environment through temperature and humidity control can also mimic their natural habitat. Regularly providing clean water for soaking and a balanced diet supports their overall well-being.

With proper handling and environmental enrichment, rain frogs can thrive in captivity, leading to a fulfilling and rewarding experience for both owner and frog.

They are very cute, wouldn't mind having some but I think they should live out in the wild where they belong. They are not meant to live indoors with me. About touching frogs, I have read that the skin oil on peoples hands can be bad for frogs and other small creatures. So that's something to keep in mind.

They are very cute, wouldn't mind having some but I think they should live out in the wild where they belong. They are not meant to live indoors with me. About touching frogs, I have read that the skin oil on peoples hands can be bad for frogs and other small creatures. So that's something to keep in mind.
Yeah I've seen it on a video too. I can't keep them as pets even if I wanted, they don't bring them here. In fact I'm pretty sure they're not officially traded except for maybe very few countries who might accept them? But they're seriously adorable anyways

Where I live, a cute species of tree frog is common. I've brought them in and kept them in large aquariums for a few week, then released them.

They were interesting short-term pets, but also very loud at night.

They look like this:

R (1).jpeg

Rain frogs are only available caught from wild so I would recommend against catching them as the species doesn't need more pressure in addition to the nightmarish state of present-day amphibian conservation.

Cute though!

Hopefully that adorable face helps foster awareness and not just the exotic pet trade. Believe it or not the game Minecraft helped raise awareness of axolotls, and now they are both better understood and available as pets (and axolotl videos and posts online also further research and social understanding of amphibians.)

When I was a kid, I'd catch tadpoles and keep them outside in a wash tub. Insects were naturally attracted to still water, so I didn't need to feed them. When they turned into frogs, I'd let them go where I caught them.

Sometimes, I'd keep a box turtle for a while that way. They ate bugs, berries, and dandelions.

I have a large, screened enclosure with a lot of plants around the pool and some tree frogs used to get in and take up residence.
They had everything they needed and were protected from predators.
I raised mealworms for them to eat. Also, small spiders and other bugs that lived under the enclosure were there for them.
They hibernated in the winter in the flowerpot's soils.
Last winter was a bit too cold for them and they didn't live through their hibernation.
I haven't seen any outside in the wild this past year either.

I have not heard of the Rain Chubs. They would be welcome too.

Axolotls are really cute and expensive. I've seen them at reptile shows.
Love all those little creatures.

New Threads

Top Bottom