• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Python programming on Chromebook

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
So I bought a book on Python game programming on eBay last week because my Brother told me there's a Python programming app on the Chrome Web Store, however I can't find it.

I have used Google and still can't find it.

Can anyone help or do I need to send the book back because I can't use it?

See if your brother meant this application. A Python shell to run inside the Chrome browser within the Chrome OS.

The code learned from reading the book. The shell to input your code to test it.

Python Shell

Last edited:
See if your brother meant this application. A Python shell to run inside the Chrome browser within the Chrome OS.

The code learned from reading the book. The shell to input your code to test it.

Python Shell

I installed the shell, now how do I use it in the browser?

I installed the shell, now how do I use it in the browser?

Good question. What isn't apparent is whether or not the shell performs the necessary conversion of your scripts to machine code automatically. Though it's my understanding that Linux systems already can perform this function. Can we assume that Chrome OS does as well? Maybe. :confused:

If the shell or Chrome OS does perform the necessary conversion, perhaps you can find some test scripts in the book you have to run inside the shell. Assuming of course it all is supposed to work that way. Though this may also be for rather simple scripts than more comprehensive programming to actually make games. But then when learning something complex it may pay to start out small using a shell and a prompt.

"You can use Python Shell to test Python code, to test regular expressions or as a calculator."

Perhaps someone else more familiar with the process of scripting Python by hand to machine code can elaborate further in terms of being able to test whatever scripts are created. The only language I ever used in web design that required compiling was Sun Java....which was quite a long time ago. Though I was also a "hardcore" hand-coder. Writing out code myself, never letting a program do it for me.

Last edited:
Well my Brother replied to my email and he's sent me a link to a Python thingy, which I use my signing in with my Google profile.

I'll have a look tomorrow, it's a bit late to start coding at this time of night.

In the upper right where you see the 3 dots for the Settings Menu (which is below the X button) and such you should see the Python Logo, click that and it'll bring up an area to write your stuff

upload_2018-9-2_13-37-13.png

New Threads

Top Bottom