• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Proud daddy over here.

Alaric593

We moved my daughter to a private parochial school for a variety of reasons and it's already paying dividends on all of those reasons. Specifically in this instance, the personalized teaching plan. Her teacher asked my permission this morning when I dropped my daughter off to move my daughter to third grade math and reading because second grade is too easy for her and she needs to be challenged.

Im glad that she is doing great and also wish her to feel great with her new classmates and teachers.

Hey she's a star! And her teacher sounds great too. This seems like a good move for her. I especially like to see children treated as individuals. Because they are. It's hard to decide what's best for a child at times, but this seems very successful.

Great news. The school challenges students, what a novel concept. I sat in to many brain dead classes thinking what is the goal here, to bore us to death? I really disliked the public school system. But now my school days seems like the country club compared to what happens in schools now.

I thought about doing a parochial school for my daughter, but found a performing arts school which had a bunch awkward teenagers exactly my daughter and it was a match made in heaven. My daughter is sensitive and was a little depressed so the regular public high school would have been a failure. She was tired of home school and online school because it was time for social interaction. She is somewhat on the Autism Spectrum. She definitely needs her down time and l never interfered with that.

I guess l can only ask you to please respect that time when they need down time to unwind.

New Threads

Top Bottom