• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Programmer... Or at least use to be, for awhile.

DaRKMsOul18

Hello, I am very interested in programming things to make people's lives better!

I don't have a computer anymore, so its gonna be awhile and I'll need to relearn several aspects.

Meanwhile, on my grandpa's laptop, I made a batch file to make it flash colors in the program on the screen, pretty simple.

I also know how to get stored wifi passwords with the command prompt, no criminal intentions there, just to maybe give it to a friend or family member, or myself if I needed too.

Once I also made a clicker game.

I've also, heaven forbid, made some basic Minecraft mods.

And did some other stuff, not much. I kind of want to learn ethical (white hat) hacking, to help people. And, maybe learn web development languages and others, but probably not, I have to be interested to keep that in long term memory...

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but, does the bit about wifi passwords and hacking, apply to forum member's passwords, as well? I was a member of a different forum for a short time, and somehow, someone, or multiple people hacked into my account and began impersonating me/ messaging other members, as if they were me. Is this the sort of thing you do? If so, I don't think it would be wise, or, ethical, to say the least.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but, does the bit about wifi passwords and hacking, apply to forum member's passwords, as well? I was a member of a different forum for a short time, and somehow, someone, or multiple people hacked into my account and began impersonating me/ messaging other members, as if they were me. Is this the sort of thing you do? If so, I don't think it would be wise, or, ethical, to say the least.

No! I mean I can only get wifi passwords that are ready stored on the device. Not anyone's that hasn't been entered.

It's just stored wifi passwords. Not random wifi passwords, plus, what would I need yours for?

^Much success with your programming endeavors. I think it's fantastic that you want to use your skills, as a means to help people!

^Much success with your programming endeavors. I think it's fantastic that you want to use your skills, as a means to help people!

Yeah, why not help people and get filthy rich at the same time?! Lol!

Anyway, I'm logging out for the night.

Network Forensics and Malware Research are both fun cybersecurity paths, but then decided to get into IoT and learn embedded systems.

I've been thinking of doing something similar. I do have a computer and the software to write the code in and other relevant things (e.g., developer accounts, etc.), but I am currently not able to think of something to create. I can develop for Apple devices, I can probably do for Android as well.

I'm possibly doing a course at some point in game programming using Unity, Scratch and other tools.

If you want to do very basic game design, have a look at Scratch, it's simple "drag and drop" coding, there's a Junior version for kids as well, it's on the site.

I'm possibly doing a course at some point in game programming using Unity, Scratch and other tools.

If you want to do very basic game design, have a look at Scratch, it's simple "drag and drop" coding, there's a Junior version for kids as well, it's on the site.

You should take up Python3.x, it's easy to learn and good for a wide range of projects which includes game development.

You should take up Python3.x, it's easy to learn and good for a wide range of projects which includes game development.

I would, but a Chromebook isn't good for any form of coding, not even basic HTML due to the lack of even a basic feckin' text editor.

I would, but a Chromebook isn't good for any form of coding, not even basic HTML due to the lack of even a basic feckin' text editor.

Vim

Vim can be installed on Chrome. The learning curve is steep, but once mastered it is a fantastic tool.

Type "vimtutor" in the command line to learn the basics.

New Threads

Top Bottom