• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Punture-Greetings-Card-4440-p.jpg

Actually, it is quite safe to chew dynamite. That's the point of the compound - to be as hard to start as possible while still being very explosive. I'm not sure about swallowing it in quantity, but the active ingredient, nitroglycerine, is used in heart medication.
Perhaps we are to assume Eddie was a smoker? Or a fire eater? I think perhaps there's more information needed. Maybe a 7 string guitar could enlighten us?

On the other hand, if you play bass then it's "Eddie Ate Dynamite Good". This almost puts an entirely new complexion on the tale. Perhaps Eddie was good at eating dynamite and afterwards he was wished "good bye" when he left?

Though whatever the explanation, we all now know the names and order of guitar strings for sure. But I kinda want to meet this Eddie guy now! He sounds like a riot! :smilecat:

Does he have a brother called Philip that invented a screwdriver?
Oh I hope so! Wouldn't that be an amazing story about the guys who created the guitar and the screws to assemble it!? Eddie and Phil? Great guys! But just don't accept any snacks from Eddie! :smilecat:

That's one hell of a detour! I was irritated enough when they were building "smart motorways" here and I had to snake across the country to get to London and then drive back the same day. My poor decades old car was going for almost 22 hours straight. But it did it and I'm pretty sure all that driving helped remove any carbon deposits from the engine.

When I got home the engine sounded smooth as silk and it usually sounds pretty good to begin with. But after all that driving it was so quiet you could barely tell it was running!

This article will certainly put future detours into perspective!

Last edited:
Don't click the link if you are sensitive to high pitches or certain sounds. This is a weird psychoacoustic effect. It's like fractal sound that appears to be ascending infinitely. Very cool! Very weird!

It's like fractal sound that appears to be ascending infinitely.
Many years ago I used to operate a very large paper guillotine that sounded similar to that when you first turned it on in the morning, except the guillotine went to a much higher pitch before there was a loud clunk as it changed gear and then it would go through the same range of sound again before going beyond the range of hearing. That was the big flywheel spinning up to speed.

This story makes me happy. It's really upsetting for the tourism industry but I see them as being responsible for much of the destruction of native habitats in my country.

As a result of global warming salt water crocodiles are now able to range as far south as Brisbane. Who knows, maybe in another decade or so they could get as far south as Sydney. The wildlife is fighting back.

This story makes me happy. It's really upsetting for the tourism industry but I see them as being responsible for much of the destruction of native habitats in my country.

As a result of global warming salt water crocodiles are now able to range as far south as Brisbane. Who knows, maybe in another decade or so they could get as far south as Sydney. The wildlife is fighting back.

1674224227392.jpeg

The earth itself is fighting back when given the tiniest bit of a chance.

New Threads

Top Bottom