• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

How about vegemite? :) I have heard all Australians eat vegemite. My sister was in Australia, she tried it and she says she still has nightmares about it.
I love vegemite, but you have to have real butter from a moo cow, not that margerine rubbish. And the trick is to use very little, if you slather it on like peanut paste it would probably make you ill.

Poor Luca, if you tried to eat that like chocolate you would gave been sick.

Crumpets with butter and vegemite - Yum!

Another traditional favourite here is Golden Syrup. Many years ago it used to get advertised as "The taste of the sunshine in Queensland".

My father heard a story from a camp cook working for shearing crews on sheep properties, that they used to sit the Golden Syrup out in the sun for an hour or so before lunch because that way you can't get as much on the knife. My father thought that was a great idea and tried to do the same thing to us.

Golden Syrup.jpeg

I'm not a huge fan of pressed meats, especially the larger commercial versions, but I've always had a soft spot for one I grew up with. It's a German recipe.

Fritz.

View attachment 90140
looks like normal pork sausage, I often in the past used for sausage-salad : D

but I never saw or ate that certain kind of sausage, so I don´t know how much different it tastes.

A lot of Japanese tourists get flustered about the distances between everything here because they only get 8 days of annual leave a year and it takes a lot of time to see much of our country.
Some friends ran a small motel on Vancouver Island, Canada. They got a call asking for a reservation to be moved on by one day. The next day, it was re-booked another day later. On the third day, the English guest added "We have seriously underestimated the size of America."

Australia and The US are very similar in size, we used to be bigger before they got Alaska. I imagine Canada's not much different in that regard.

Many years ago I saw a documentary about extreme weather disasters and one of the segments was bout the freezing rain that brought down all the power lines in Canada. The next night I ran in to a Canadian tourist and I asked him about it.

He said "That sort of thing happens all the time in Quebec because they still insist on speaking French. God hates them.". :)

The barn santas are starting to come out. Every year it's the same thing, you have to make their porridge just right, or else they get so difficult to deal with. :)

I just took Enzo for a walk and he was very proud of this stick, I thought some of you might find this funny
(Don't worry, I took it away from him right after!)

I just took Enzo for a walk and he was very proud of this stick, I thought some of you might find this funny
(Don't worry, I took it away from him right after!)
Dog V4 brought a stick home from his walk once. The entire walk back he was swaggering because he'd 'stolen' another dog's stick!

I love that, that's so cute!

There's a barn Santa in every barn, they keep an eye on things for you. As long as you give them porridge. If you don't, they cause a lot of problems. Norwegian barn Santas are actually the Irish Leprechauns cousins. :) Many people don't know that.

Last edited:
Zibelmärit sold 30 tons of onions…much improved since the pandemic but i don’t think we will ever get to the same levels as we had in 2014…that was a record year that was double this year.

I'm 5'11" and once had a petite girlfriend who was 4'9". Sadly "the one that got away". Though I remember how people who knew us both thought we looked great as a couple. :)

Zibelmärit sold 30 tons of onions…much improved since the pandemic but i don’t think we will ever get to the same levels as we had in 2014…that was a record year that was double this year.

That's a lot of onion. Any fatalities this year? Head trauma from hammer blows or people choking on confetti? ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom