• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

I just ate a persimmon (fuyu type) for the first time in my life and I thought it sucked. Almost devoid of flavor. I composted the rest rather than finishing eating it.

I just ate a persimmon (fuyu type) for the first time in my life and I thought it sucked. Almost devoid of flavor. I composted the rest rather than finishing eating it.

There are different varieties. Some have excellent flavor. You may have gotten an insipid one. Flavor can also vary by growing conditions. Too much rain decreases flavor.

Mine are ripening now. Delicious!

There are different varieties. Some have excellent flavor. You may have gotten an insipid one. Flavor can also vary by growing conditions. Too much rain decreases flavor.

Mine are ripening now. Delicious!

You have fruit and stuff ripening now? I'm so envious, this is what it looked like here two days ago. I want heat and ripening fruit.

1669230102139.png

We have cane toads too. I didn’t realize they were exotic in Australia too.
We imported them on purpose. The sort of decisions that get made when lobby groups get too much influence in parliaments. They were supposed to help control Cane Beetle but beetles can fly and toads can't. We introduced an incredibly destructive creature that has no upsides.

You have fruit and stuff ripening now? I'm so envious, this is what it looked like here two days ago. I want heat and ripening fruit.

View attachment 89372
I feel for you. It's supposed to be spring here, almost summer, but we're still getting blasts of cold up from Antarctica. Looks nice today though, clear blue skies, flowers in bloom, birds are singing. Might get up in to the high 20s today. I might have a few beers to celebrate.

I feel for you. It's supposed to be spring here, almost summer, but we're still getting blasts of cold up from Antarctica. Looks nice today though, clear blue skies, flowers in bloom, birds are singing. Might get up in to the high 20s today. I might have a few beers to celebrate.

Meanwhile, in Norway :)

1669241090715.png

We imported them on purpose. The sort of decisions that get made when lobby groups get too much influence in parliaments. They were supposed to help control Cane Beetle but beetles can fly and toads can't. We introduced an incredibly destructive creature that has no upsides.
Yeah, we imported them too. Big sugar cane business in south Florida.

In preparing for doomsday scenarios Australia has different priorities to the rest of the world:

We did something different, this is the Svalbard Global Seed Vault. For years now we have hoarded seeds from all over the world and stored it deep inside a mountain on Spitsbergen island in the Arctic Svalbard archipelago. A seed bank. Other countries are storing their seeds there also so if something happens they can make a withdrawal and start over with new seeds. It was a smart idea.

1669246273717.png 1669246366274.png

New Threads

Top Bottom