• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

1618080.jpg

That actually isn’t true. My dad and I work on cars for a living and we’ve broken bolts before that were the result of being extremely rusted which is a byproduct of living in an area where salt must be used during the winter which in turn leads to everything underneath the car to rust. It might take us an hour or two but we get the broken bolt out and replace it. Also there is no such thing as a twenty minute job when it comes to anything with bolts.

That actually isn’t true. My dad and I work on cars for a living and we’ve broken bolts before that were the result of being extremely rusted which is a byproduct of living in an area where salt must be used during the winter which in turn leads to everything underneath the car to rust. It might take us an hour or two but we get the broken bolt out and replace it. Also there is no such thing as a twenty minute job when it comes to anything with bolts.
Respectfully I disagree. Manufacturers have a habit of creating 'hoses from hell' where it is easier to remove the whole engine to get to it. Bolts from hell exist too like those you can only undo one flat at a time then they round off.....

Respectfully I disagree. Manufacturers have a habit of creating 'hoses from hell' where it is easier to remove the whole engine to get to it. Bolts from hell exist too like those you can only undo one flat at a time then they round off.....
Japanese car manufacturers don’t do that. Toyota and Honda always make sure that things can easily be removed and replaced and that bolts can be removed and reused again unless badly rusted which they can be easily replaced. The only nut on a Toyota or Honda that you cannot use again after removing it is the one holding the axle.

^ Well, British made vehicles often had bolts from hell. Here is an example of one; a cylinder head bolt no less. If you try and use a ring spanner you'll round it off because you are barely on it. This is a one flat at a time pain in the posterior tightened through the fins of the cylinder. It has to be torqued up according to the manual; utterly impossible to accomplish.

4y3hjihgjdf.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom