• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Remember that you're only hearing the stories we're happy to tell in public. I was the same as Mildred, had to pull everything apart to find out how it worked, usually managed to put it back together again properly too.
Indeed! One time my best friend and I were messing around with an old TV set. We noticed that it said on the chassis "CHASSIS REMAINS LIVE REGARDLESS OF MAINS POLARITY". We weren't too sure so we hatched a plan.

My friend picked up the phone in the next bedroom and looked round the corner. The plan was he would dial 9...9 and then I would touch the chassis to figure out what the deal was! Nothing happened of course, but if it had he would have dialled a 3rd 9 to get an ambulance!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TRY THIS YOURSELF! :smilecat: It's a VERY BAD IDEA!

My friend picked up the phone in the next bedroom and looked round the corner. The plan was he would dial 9...9 and then I would touch the chassis to figure out what the deal was! Nothing happened of course, but if it had he would have dialled a 3rd 9 to get an ambulance!

LoL that's one hell of a plan. Wow. I think your friend had the easiest job that day. You stepped up and did the hard part.

In my defense, I was about 12 at the time! :smilecat: I didn't have a multimeter, so gambling my life seemed the best way forward somehow.

Being 12 can be very silly, we used to have electric fence competitions. Finding out who could 1) hold on to an electric fence around a horse pasture with your hands the longest and 2) who could pee the longest on the fence. That really wakes you up, not a lot of power in those fences but enough to get your attention when you pee on it. It was horrible but it had to be done, it's what guys do, stupid things and competing. :D
I never saw any girls do that, too smart probably.

Last edited:
He looked like a stereotypical nutty professor, he talked funny, and he was brilliant. What's not to love?

He was also one of the physics consultants on the first starwars movie.
I want to be him when I grow up!

It's sad that people like him don't seem to be as common place on TV as they used to be. I might actually watch some TV if there were more programs like this!

There was something similar on TV when I was a kid, it was called "Johnny Ball Reveals All". I used to love that show :)

an electric fence around a horse pasture
Pig fences are a bit different. In the wet season my brother decided to trim all the long grass from under the pig fence, holding the whipper snipper with one hand half way down the shaft and being careful to not touch the wire.

He slipped, crisped and blackened the palm of one hand and the soles of both feet.

Horse fence ~80,000 volts
Pig fence ~450,000 volts.

Pig fences are a bit different. In the wet season my brother decided to trim all the long grass from under the pig fence, holding the whipper snipper with one hand half way down the shaft and being careful to not touch the wire.

He slipped, crisped and blackened the palm of one hand and the soles of both feet.

Horse fence ~80,000 volts
Pig fence ~450,000 volts.

It's all about the amps, anyone can deal with a few hundred thousand volts but just 0,3 amps is enough to kill someone. :fearscream: But I'll bet 450 000 volts stung a little. You should have challenged him to pee on it. :)

It's all about the amps, anyone can deal with a few hundred thousand volts but just 0,3 amps is enough to kill someone. :fearscream: But I'll bet 450 000 volts stung a little. You should have challenged him to pee on it. :)
That's true, but always bare in mind that it's the Amps multiplied by the Volts that decides the danger. If you calculate that the number of Watts is more than negligible, it's best not to pee on it :smilecat:

New Threads

Top Bottom