• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

2654E8A4-098F-4719-BAAC-C24CA92820A7.jpeg

I got some stuff at the store yesterday
(The hearts are hair clips and the pens are mascara)

ABC6C9CC-46CA-405B-8F7A-38E3A9C406F5.jpeg

And my dogs have a new toy box!

683C9012-2707-4649-9039-F36FC461ABC8.jpeg

I thought @Rodafina might like this:

I am really into knives, but due to my propensity for losing them, I dont buy expensive ones. I just drool over the catalogs.

I don’t understand the bit about making a knife that can shave off one hair. There must be more to it than that. Almost any knife can be sharpened to shave off one hair.

Shaving the forearm is a standard test for a sharpening job. If there's more than one hair, the whole patch goes. However, I once sharpened a very thin blade so that it would shave without any pressure on the skin. In woodworking, truly sharp chisels and planes are a revelation.
After many years of cautiously hollow-grinding blades to restore them, spending more time dipping them in water than grinding, I realized that I can hold a wet sponge or roll of cloth on a little handle against the back of the blade to preserve the temper of the steel.

I have used hundreds of those little cut-off disks, and have a special collection of ones that have survived to small diameter to use in small spaces. I do a lot of general-puprpose work with them, because they are too thin to clog. They cut well enough on brass, but on ferrous metals, the shower of sparks arises because friction heats the iron to the point that it is soft enough to rub away, and hot enough to burn in air. To cut sheet metal, a plain steel disk is used, after a desperate workman tried using a plywood-cutting blade that got even better as it got dull. You can spin a disk of paper and cut through plastic by melting it.

New Threads

Top Bottom