• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something that made you upset recently

Yesterday I dropped the bowl of seeds and nuts and goji berries I was eating and they scattered all over the floor, and that really, really pissed me off... I hate things like that happening... whyyyy??????

My best and only local friend called me late at night and asked me to go buy him a bottle of wine because he was drunk and did not want to risk a DUI. I said no, and the fight ended our 38 year relationship.

He broke the boundaries because I am a recovering alcoholic, and I will not buy an alcoholic or any drunk person alcohol.

It makes me mad too, because he is extremely successful in his business, goes to AA meetings every day, is a sponsor, and everyone there thinks he is sober, while he drinks a few times a week and gets totally drunk in the evenings. He is a lying cheat to the world. It is not my business to out him, but our friendship was very special outside of his alcoholism and I am really saddened by loss of our many decades long friendship.

I'm close to my Nan, she wasn't feeling well this week so that upset me. Great to see she's doing much better now.

Re-watching a documentary on BBC4 about the Hull Headscarf Revolutionaries and how they sought to change the fishing industry during the event later known as "the Hull Triple Trawler Tragedy".

Although I've watched it before with my Mum (and we both got teary eyed through it), watching it again has once again made me teary eyed as I watch the stories of men lost at sea on ships that bordered on unseaworthy, the families who were left to grieve the loss of their loved ones and the Trawler owners who seemed to show little care either to their employees or to the families of the trawlermen who were lost at sea.

For those of you who are interested, here is the documentary. I'd recommend you keep some tissues nearby as some of it is really sad.

I'm continuously asked why I still haven't found someone to settle down with by now. It doesn't bother me until people question me on it and I start analysing everything. Both my brother and sister are married and my brother and sister-in-law just had a baby, so I'm getting the same question from multiple people at the moment. I did want to get married, share a house with someone, do all the stereotypical romantic stuff when I was younger, but the few men I've met over the years who I'd be compatible with were/are already taken and I'm not immoral enough to say anything to them. And dating sites are a complete nightmare unless you just want any random person to hook up with in the short term. So it does feel like I'll be single forever, and a lot of the goals I had require a partner so I've put most of my life on hold indefinitely. I don't normally think about it, but getting the third degree at every family gathering is hard work. I've thought about moving back abroad several times and just starting a new life away from everything, but I'd miss out on seeing my nephew.

I'm continuously asked why I still haven't found someone to settle down with by now. It doesn't bother me until people question me on it and I start analysing everything. Both my brother and sister are married and my brother and sister-in-law just had a baby, so I'm getting the same question from multiple people at the moment. I did want to get married, share a house with someone, do all the stereotypical romantic stuff when I was younger, but the few men I've met over the years who I'd be compatible with were/are already taken and I'm not immoral enough to say anything to them. And dating sites are a complete nightmare unless you just want any random person to hook up with in the short term. So it does feel like I'll be single forever, and a lot of the goals I had require a partner so I've put most of my life on hold indefinitely. I don't normally think about it, but getting the third degree at every family gathering is hard work. I've thought about moving back abroad several times and just starting a new life away from everything, but I'd miss out on seeing my nephew.

I can relate.
Barring my Grandmothers (whose husbands have both sadly passed away), almost all of my family are in relationships of some kind.
My mum and dad are split up but both in relationships with other people, my two eldest sisters are both in relationships and have kids each, my third elder sister is in a relationship but without kids and my younger brother is engaged to be married in a few years from now (of which I'm to be the best man at his wedding).

As a result, I've had a few people come to me and express their opinions/concerns that I'm 26 years old and have yet to even go on a single date - mainly my Mum and Dad.
In response, I've replied that the friends I make online are fine as I can talk to you guys at a time I feel comfortable with and I can switch off and do my own thing when I want.
On top of this, if I ever did find a 'friend' to go out with, I'd stress about arranging times to meet, travel arrangements and getting smartened up, etc.
Furthermore, I'd be forcing myself to try committing to small-talk and making eye contact with the people I meet, which will be even more stressful if me and the person I'm talking too share few of the same interests. Online, I've got none of those worries.

In regards to getting a girlfriend and eventually starting a family, I'm not bothered by it. I'm an Asexual - with myself finding the process of sex to be repulsive from my own point of view (trying to get through sex education lessons in school wasn't a fun experience, nor was being called 'gay' by my fellow pupils due to the fact I wasn't interested in chasing after girls), and as I've stated I've simply never had an interest in starting life with someone else.
On top of this, I've learned from certain experiences that I would not be a good father; I've had times with my nieces and nephews where I've gotten extremely stressed in a few minutes just because they're crying and wouldn't stop, with me nearly having a meltdown because of their high-pitched screams. Another time, me and my mother were trying to put them to bed but they were deliberately having a 'screaming match' of some kind (one would scream, the other would then scream back and this would continue for a long time).
After two attempts of my mum trying to quieten them and failing, I lost my temper - stormed upstairs and literally screamed at them "RIGHT, THAT IS ENOUGH! IF YOU DON'T GET IN BED AND QUIETEN DOWN RIGHT NOW, YOU'RE GOING TO GET A SMACK ON THE BACKSIDE!"
While I had no intention of doing this (I'm fully aware of people's opinions regarding hitting children) and the kids actually did quieten down for about 10 minutes, I was scared with not only how I was repeating my Dad's words from my childhood (he did hit me on my hand or backside as punishment when I was a child) and how quickly I lost it when I became stressed; it was this that made me realize that becoming a parent was definitely not a good idea for me.
Nowadays I don't lose sleep over it; after all, not every adult is parent material.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm an Uncle to two nieces and two nephews who I don't see often but still do see every now and then and I do love them all dearly; that's good enough for me.
If I do start getting stressed, I can still head out for a few minutes to relax for a bit. Thankfully, this isn't as often now as my nieces and nephews are older now, better at communicating and can be a lot of fun to be around. :)

My younger cat was having really bad gastrointestinal problems this week and I had to take him to the vet. She said he probably has worms or some kind of parasites so she dewormed him and prescribed antibiotics. He seems to be recovering. Both my cats are around 11 years old now, so I'm worried about them getting serious health problems as they get older. My brother once had a dog who got all kinds of diseases when he got old and had to be put down.

My manager has this thing where she thinks she has asked to do something but hasn't and then gets mad that it hasn't been done.. :eek: (There's more, but this is what's upsetting me right now because if she had asked I obviously would have done it but now I get lectured about it.) Some of my coworkers have asked to be transferred to a different location and I'm considering the same.

Yesterday I dropped a jar of pesto - it fell and smashed on the floor grrr! :(

Yesterday I did the same with jar of raw honey that can only be purchased once a year and four hours away from where I live, and which I had been saving for a Christmas present.

Last night I read about a guy who is an autistic adult who has his own blog about basically how miserable he is and wants a cure for his "illness". The article said how he can't keep a job or drive a car,and the only social things he does is eat with his parents once a week.
So, not only was I reminded about what a LOSER I am for also not having a job, not driving a car, and that about the only people I socialize with are my mother and social worker once a week, but I'm WRONG for not wanting a cure, and that the independence and freedom I do have are only in spite of my Asperger's. I shouldn't even have moments of happiness or feeling good about myself.

Today I woke up from a nightmare where I saw my mother's car being spun around and crushed by other vehicles on the city street at night with her in it. I started begging the drivers to stop and then I screamed and woke up.:coldsweat: And the dream had turned horrible so quickly and unexpectedly. It was just a bit odd because I was downtown at night while my mom was parked in her car. My cat Mischief was around somewhere and I called to him and he showed up and started following me until I decided to go inside some stores. The I headed back and started calling for my cat again but only some little dogs showed up. I felt bad because I wasn't their owner but also wonder why there so many dogs around without a leash or anything. I went back to my mom's car to tell her I still needed to find Mischief before getting back in with her when the vehicles going past us suddenly just started going berserk.

I actually thought about calling my mother just to make sure she was okay after getting up, because we all know it's only *bad* dreams that actually come true.:rolleyes:

sometime last month I tried to make beef barley stew but I burnt the beef pretty bad; also had a bit of veggie oil in the pot to help brown the meat quicker, ended up burning that as well... just ended up throwing it all out

really made me upset

This really just annoyed me rather than upset me, but some people were getting being mentally ill mixed up with being mentally challenged. A person can be mentally ill but their brain is still developing normally. A person who is mentally challenged is not mentally developing from a child to an adult. Of course, a person with untreated mental illness may *do* things that could damage their brain.

New Threads

Top Bottom