• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something that made you upset recently

I'm not really upset. Just slightly annoyed :) I thought last year was a season of the weirdest colds, flu and infections ever. No, this year wins so far :) my youngest son got a new cold/ flu/ what not a few weeks ago. Originally I thought it was strep, but fever weren't persistent so we didn't go to the doctor. He's been sick for about 2 weeks, now the rest of the family has gotten it. The symptoms are not as severe but just a little odd. So now I'm not sure of its my migraine continues or its the bug/ virus thing. In any case I'm ready for my brain to be clear again, so I can continue moving forward with my GTD goals and stuff...

Discovering my car insurance renewal premium was due. Where did the last six months go? Accccccccccccccck!

Money issues....don't they always upset us all? :eek:

I can't find a job in such a small town, every thing deals with people like small shops or the hospital. I'm 26 and never have had a full time job. I work part time cleaning a wood shop when everyone is gone which is fine but its only 1 to 2 hours of work a week. I don't start conversations and do not smile much! I'll smile when I want to. Oh yes being judged that I don't have a job by the opposite sex that I'm no good to get to know. ehh.

I had a lab full of people go crazy at me because of my asperger's symptoms after coming to associate them with someone who just got told to leave (sensory issues and lack of perspective led the person to destroy many projects apparently). I was just being trained, so I got blamed for everything that went wrong by the technician, even when it was her doing. Because she forgets. It made me so anxious that I kind of lost my mind and got so sloppy and stupid sounding every time I interacted with her that I sounded like an alcoholic 0.0

The Terror attacks in London, seriously, WTF?!

Also, the current "Fake Dee" storyline in Neighbours.

they keep putting a neglectful and abusive support staff on with me,i have been very upset and even refused to have her before [which meant i had to have hourly checks by other staff instead],she speaks to me like i am crap and she makes fun of me.
she became really bad when i made a formal report against her behavior,but nothing got done about it apart from a stern talk to her.

she shoved her new laptop at me once, said 'here,stick windows on it for me', windows is already on it,it just needs setting up which she was to lazy to do but not knowing what to do i did it for her.
then the next day 'here, put a word processor on it', so i put a dutch version of open office on by mistake,but at the same time she had left her emails open on the window and i saw she was applying for loads of jobs, during handover she told a support staff who was supporting me in the morning that she hated the job and was going to change jobs-BUT SHE WOULD NEVER ABANDON THE CARE FACILITY RIGHT NOW- well one week later she put her notice in this week and is leaving tomorrow.

she never helped me with personal care so i am left sat in filthy nappies and have no washes with baby wipes.
she would leave the back door open while smoking so that my special needs indoor only cat mr shadow would nearly get out,and now i am baby sitting the also special needs family cat,biscuit to who is an escape artist- ihave had to complain to the management that she is going out the back door when its in biscuits 'support plan' not to do that.

i utterly hate her and her attitude towards me,but i found out all the staff hate her.

When. I was just watching Pete's Dragon with my kid and they started shooting the Dragon with darts, I started screaming at the tv! >: >: >: @! $#&*$@;:#&!!!!

mean

i am being bullied on this forum for my spelling/grammar by a user who has been told multiple times why i write like i do, i struggle greatly because of information processing which overloads me,because of my total lack of short term memory which affects my use of capital letters along with information processing and my capacity to adapt and change because of my intellectual disability.
i have been bullied my whole life for being LFA [and for being ginger,but thats another story] and the last time i was bullied online i ended up losing my home and i was sectioned in hospital for four months,so i do not apreciate being bullied on a support forum,i come on these to get support and to talk to likeminded people,i also dont like how some people will let bullies get on with it and not report them or tell them its not ok, i dont know but i certainly would mention it if i saw someone being bullied, i have done on other forums even when it was someone who hated me [and they had a go at me for helping them but thats another story].

so moral to the story,if you see someone being bullied on a support forum,stick up for them,but dont break the rules yourself and get yourself in to trouble as its not worth it.

i am being bullied on this forum for my spelling/grammar by a user who has been told multiple times why i write like i do, i struggle greatly because of information processing which overloads me,because of my total lack of short term memory which affects my use of capital letters along with information processing and my capacity to adapt and change because of my intellectual disability.
i have been bullied my whole life for being LFA [and for being ginger,but thats another story] and the last time i was bullied online i ended up losing my home and i was sectioned in hospital for four months,so i do not apreciate being bullied on a support forum,i come on these to get support and to talk to likeminded people,i also dont like how some people will let bullies get on with it and not report them or tell them its not ok, i dont know but i certainly would mention it if i saw someone being bullied, i have done on other forums even when it was someone who hated me [and they had a go at me for helping them but thats another story].

so moral to the story,if you see someone being bullied on a support forum,stick up for them,but dont break the rules yourself and get yourself in to trouble as its not worth it.

You communicate quite well here as do so many others. Don't let anyone tell you to the contrary. It's what you have to say that counts, and whether or not you are understood. ;)

Grammar and syntax aren't so important in comparison.

Last edited:
You communicate quite well here as do so many others. Don't let anyone tell you to the contrary. It's what you have to say that counts, and whether or not you are understood. ;)

Grammar and syntax aren't so important in comparison.
thankyou judge,i really appreciate your comment! other people on here have said they understand me well and that with my grammar and ocasional spelling issues i am not very hard to understand.
i am glad you have said that as i was actually thinking i have annoyed everyone because of my grammar and was thinking i have to leave which made me even more upset...because of my autism i see everyone as the same construct-mentally and struggle to understand outside of that rigid concept.

thankyou judge for your comment,you have made me feel a bit better, i had a long bout of head banging tonight after the facilities fire alarm went off and i suffered two epileptic seizures as a result,one more and they would have shipped me off to hospital-hell for me waking up in hospital.

thankyou judge for your comment,you have made me feel a bit better, i had a long bout of head banging tonight after the facilities fire alarm went off and i suffered two epileptic seizures as a result,one more and they would have shipped me off to hospital-hell for me waking up in hospital.

Yikes. I've been through fire alarms going off at night while in a hotel. Pretty ugly business.

Glad you didn't wind up in the hospital though.

I have a tendency to notice and input spelling and grammar mistakes, I certainly don't mean it as an offense (and try not to but sometimes I just do it without thinking...) it's just like I see something and my brain goes, "oh wait" or sometimes I'll even straight get confused (I'm so sorry) it's most likely something I picked up in school, when they show you something and be like, "correct the mistakes," my brain just goes, "oh oh oh," I think its has something to do with how I perceive written language as a whole structure, where instead of reading word word word word word it's all tends to compile in groups, which is useless talking to people I have an extremely difficult time with verbal communication, and would absolutely prefer if everybody would just text me anything.

Talking (or badly attempting too) on the phone is straight impossible, if it's more than just a couple minutes I will just become lost, confused, and frustrated. I promise I have no idea what you are trying to say to me on the phone... unfortunately just having texts and written communication is not something people in general are willing to do... I'll be in the same room with someone and trying to text them since it's so much easier for me and they're just like, "no..." -.- Though I am extremely thankful for texting as 95% of phone calls are just a quick message these days.
----
Have you ever seen one of those things people like to post on their social media that'll be like if you can find the 8 in under 12 seconds you're a genius and it'll be 20 or so rows and columns of 3's and one 8 hiding off somewhere, it's never taken me more than a quick glance to find the 8 (and sometimes more than one) idk if it's still real thing people actually can't find the 8 or if the whole thing is just a ruse, I've always wondered since it really doesn't seem like it should be a thing being difficult from my perspective...

So I'm so sorry if I've corrected you ever please try not to take offense and I'll keep trying to remember... feel free to throw a glove at me... ^///^'

I just did a thread in the UK section of gamefaqs.com explaining why I currently can't get a job due to having Asperger's, instead of sympathy, they flamed me for being "lazy", falsehood! I've spent the last 20 odd years applying for everything going, sometimes even unsuitable stuff, but as soon as I declare any form of disability my application gets binned! Not my fault or problem! Do they accept this? No, they accuse me of lying and call me work shy.

Falsehood, if I was "work shy", why would I have a nearly 3 page CV of experience in various voluntary positions?!

I just did a thread in the UK section of gamefaqs.com explaining why I currently can't get a job due to having Asperger's, instead of sympathy, they flamed me for being "lazy", falsehood! I've spent the last 20 odd years applying for everything going, sometimes even unsuitable stuff, but as soon as I declare any form of disability my application gets binned! Not my fault or problem! Do they accept this? No, they accuse me of lying and call me work shy.

Falsehood, if I was "work shy", why would I have a nearly 3 page CV of experience in various voluntary positions?!

Oh I know I hate it when they call us lazy. Like are you going to give me a job? Otherwise I don't want to hear it!

I can't interview, I just freeze up. And I have zero job history so that's a big red flag for them. :( Somewhere tried to give me a phone interview once, that was the worst.

And I just can't stand filling out 2 hour applications never to get anything from it. Doing these repeatedly for months on in with no calls or interviews after I had my kid through me into the worst depression of my life. I easily filled out a couple hundred applications before I couldn't mentally take it anymore. Thankfully the club finally let me come back after saying I was permanently banned for three years.

Trying to find a regular job now just gives me such anxiety/depression I just don't know... :/ I've been back at the club for 17 months and at this point I could easily see myself there as long as I can get up and down easily... We have one girl nearly 60, several grandkids and she's still loving it. There's a couple grandma's actually.

It would feel nice to feel like you were wanted and useful, had something to give to some actual work environment that was doing something to accomplish some real goal in the world...

Oh I know I hate it when they call us lazy. Like are you going to give me a job? Otherwise I don't want to hear it!

I can't interview, I just freeze up. And I have zero job history so that's a big red flag for them. :( Somewhere tried to give me a phone interview once, that was the worst.

And I just can't stand filling out 2 hour applications never to get anything from it. Doing these repeatedly for months on in with no calls or interviews after I had my kid through me into the worst depression of my life. I easily filled out a couple hundred applications before I couldn't mentally take it anymore. Thankfully the club finally let me come back after saying I was permanently banned for three years.

Trying to find a regular job now just gives me such anxiety/depression I just don't know... :/ I've been back at the club for 17 months and at this point I could easily see myself there as long as I can get up and down easily... We have one girl nearly 60, several grandkids and she's still loving it. There's a couple grandma's actually.

It would feel nice to feel like you were wanted and useful, had something to give to some actual work environment that was doing something to accomplish some real goal in the world...

That's what annoys me though, I DO have work experience, I have over 20 years in the voluntary sector and a near 3 page CV detailing most of the stuff I've done (not everything because some stuff was so long ago I can't remember the exact dates).

As for spending 2 hours filling in applications, I've done that as well, and they don't even have the courtesy to acknowledge your application 95% of the time, so infuriating! I even applied to go on The Chase in January 2014 and still not heard anything, over 3 years later!

Personal attacks on members are prohibited by forum rules.

How about stepping away from that direction, and getting back
to the topic of this thread.

The topic is:
"Posting something that made you feel upset recently."

Transformers - The Movie (1986)
The Death of Optimus Prime
- the scene that emotionally scarred a generation.

What spelling or grammar? I think the message is more important than the details. You write fine, better than most people do on Facebook and my family :)

New Threads

Top Bottom